Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book Giveaway: Adventures of the Steampunk Pirates by Gareth P. Jones

(19 Posts)
TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Mar-15 11:44:00

Causing chaos wherever they sail, the robotic Steampunk Pirates are the latest creation to come from the mind of Gareth P. Jones, author of No True Echo, Under My Hat and Constable and Toop.

Roaming the high seas, hunting for gold is how the Steampunk Pirates prefer spend their time, but the evil Iron Duke has other ideas... He’s determined to capture the pirates in return for a handsome reward from the King. Can the mechanical marauders stay one wave ahead of their enemy? Apply for a free copy of Adventures of the Steampunk Pirates to find out.

Don't forget, if you're lucky enough to receive a free copy of Adventures of the Steampunk Pirates we do ask that you tell us what you think about it on the thread below, or in our reviews section.

Susangilley7 Wed 01-Apr-15 08:48:08

Great, just heard Pirates are coming my way. Look forward to it! Thank you

Shameem123 Thu 02-Apr-15 11:30:00

smile thank you for the this lovely book.we enjoyed this book and it was very interesting for the kids to read. It was simple and easy to read for my 7 year old. I would give it 5 stars.

IreadthereforeIam Thu 02-Apr-15 12:23:17

I received my copy this morning, so i will be commencing bedtime stories tonight. My review will follow!

GranAnn42 Thu 02-Apr-15 15:56:45

Brilliant story, enjoyed every minute

Susangilley7 Thu 02-Apr-15 17:10:25

Thank you so much for this book. I shall give it to my seven year old granddaughter. I am sure she will love it and devour it like all books.
Review to follow!

Fanjango Fri 03-Apr-15 14:16:34

Got my copy yesterday, many thanks. My younger ds (9) read over half of it in bed last night. He loves it so far. H says it's better than Moone Boy, which was his favourite before. I'll do a proper review later, after he and the girls have finished it but it looks great so far smile

Wings77 Sun 05-Apr-15 15:46:34

Thank you for this book. My children are currently reading it and a review will follow when they have finished!

Wings77 Wed 08-Apr-15 22:35:28

My children (aged 7) finished this book today and they loved it! I thought before reading, it would be for mainly boys but definitely not - my girls found the pirates adventures very entertaining. A great read and highly recommended. Thank you for a copy of this book. smile

Pigeonpea Thu 09-Apr-15 13:09:13

Great book - read with my niece and nephew.
Easy to read and the pictures add to the story.
Totally recommend

mummykate72 Fri 10-Apr-15 11:27:58

Thanks very much for the book! My daughter enjoyed reading it. She says it was very easy to read and loved the illustrations. Highly recommended!

PercyGherkin Sat 11-Apr-15 14:36:31

Just finished reading it with my children DD(7) and DS (5). Entered the giveaway with DS in mind and must admit I had a few qualms when I realised DD might complain it was a "boy's book" - however both of them have really enjoyed it and been talking about it at other times so it's been a hit, thank you!

J3nnifer Sat 11-Apr-15 16:49:48

We received our copy, thank you! Both children really enjoyed it, especially the jokes and the action. They also really liked the illustrations. Looking forward to the next book in the series now smile

Lariflete Mon 13-Apr-15 20:29:26

Thank you for this book! DH is reading it to DD and I think he is enjoying it as much as her! They read it every other night (when DH puts her to bed) and I can hear them giggling together. DH says that DD asks questions about every aspect of it and gets thoroughly involved.
I'm looking forward to reading this to DS - he's a bit too young atm - but DH is definitely not getting another go!!

Susangilley7 Wed 15-Apr-15 16:48:59

I have this on good authority, my granddaughter aged 7 (nearly 8 don't you know!!) loved this book. She said it was easy to read with the spaces between the lines and she loved the pictures. Even the jokes were funny. We both say thank you for giving us this opportunity.

madmumm Thu 16-Apr-15 11:01:45

We've not finished this book yet, but we are loving it so far! DS is 6 and quite advanced in reading and does find his school reading books a bit dull, but as he is into pirates at the moment, this book has really come at the right time and he happily reads this book aloud to me, with only a little help needed on the tricker words. Lines are well spaced, which he finds makes reading easier, thoroughly enjoying the book.

Fanjango Fri 17-Apr-15 23:47:55

Okay so ds has read the book but Dd1 hasn't finished it yet. Ds says it's his altimeter favourite and now has his eye on the next book, as advertised in the back. He loves the characters. Ds and his twin (9) both thought the characters were fun and the story interesting and funny. It was an easy read perfect for those around 7-10. Clear printing, good print spacing and fun pictures make this a very well presented book. Highly recommended by my brood smile

IreadthereforeIam Mon 20-Apr-15 22:19:30

Both of my boys (10 and 8) really enjoyed this. We read it as a bed time story, but I can't say as it's a relaxing, preparation for bed kind of story!! There's great humour in it, and it is very exciting (so I'm told). They were both interested to see that there is another book in what I assume will be a series, and have asked me to get it for them!!
The type-face is easy to read - we took it in turns to read parts of it. Neither of my sons are particularly keen on reading, but they were happy to take their turns (although I think I probably still read the majority of it - but I'll let them off, considering it was right before bed time!!). Both boys said that they'd recommend it to their friends!

AugustRose Wed 06-May-15 15:47:41

Oops forgot to write my review sorry!

Thank you for this lovely book, I applied for my DD2 (8).

She was a bit confused by the interruptions at first so put it down for a few days then started again, after that she read it in a couple of days and really enjoyed it. She loved the character of Penelope and thought she was brave and funny but her favourite is Quartermaster Lexi. She liked how clever he was and full of information. The illustrations are great, DD2 is a keen reader and doesn't need illustrations in a book but enjoys relating what she has read to the picture, it really added to her enjoyment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now