Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book Giveaway: The Fairytale Hairdresser and Father Christmas

(34 Posts)
ChrissieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Nov-14 10:13:51

This week we’re giving away 50 copies of The Fairytale Hairdresser and Father Christmas. This wintery addition to the series features elegant elves, coiffured reindeer and a whole cast of Fairytale folk in their festive finery. Can Kittie Lacey help Father Christmas save the day and melt a certain Snow Queen's icy heart? Click here to find out more and apply for a free copy.

Don't forget that if you're lucky enough to receive a copy we do expect you to tell us what you thought about it on the discussion thread below or in the reviews section here.

This giveaway is sponsored by Random House Books.

gildedlily Tue 25-Nov-14 20:33:31

Looks like a fun seasonal story. Hope we get a copy!

ScarlettDarling Fri 28-Nov-14 19:41:04

I know a little girl who would just loooooove this!

TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Dec-14 15:25:30

This giveaway is now closed thanks to all who applied. We'll be in touch with the winners shortly. Tina (MNHQ)

countingdown Sat 20-Dec-14 11:30:02

I just read this to my children after receiving it in the post this morning. It is a lovely little book with lots to talk about and good message. Thank you very much.

Sizzlesthedog Mon 22-Dec-14 12:37:27

Thank you for this lovely surprise. I had forgotten I'd entered into this. Lovely book.

sallyst123 Mon 22-Dec-14 20:45:33

Received this today. Thank you mn. Looking forward to reading it to my dc tonight

ScarlettDarling Tue 23-Dec-14 08:43:41

What a beautiful book. My dd,7, absolutely loved this story. The pictures were a delight with so much detail and humour. My dd was inspired to draw her own frost patterns and Christmas hairstyles after studying r the ones in the book.

ScarlettDarling Tue 23-Dec-14 08:56:17

Oops ...posted too soon! This was a lovely christmassy. The message of kindness and friendship is perfect for this time of year. My daughter is 7, and loves longer chapter books now, but she can still be enchanted by beautiful picture books. This book certainly enchanted her. She's now asking for the other books in this series for christmas...we've had to convince her that Santa's sleigh is already packed to bursting point and that she may have to put them on her birthday list instead!
Many thanks for the book. We highly recommend it, a super story, gorgeous pictures, loads to discuss...what a treat!

ScarlettDarling Tue 23-Dec-14 08:58:17

Please excuse all the typos...when will I learn not to post on my phone?!

Michellecd1978 Fri 26-Dec-14 06:44:17

What a lovely book!!! The beautiful glittery and girly front cover made this a hit with my daughters (age 6 and 3) before we had even opened the front cover! The story definitely did not disappoint either. Very different to any other festive tale we have read, The Fairytale Hairdresser and Father Christmas delighted my little ones with a tale about kindness and friendship. They were intrigued from beginning to end and spent ages examining the extremely detailed illustrations and picking out characters from a wide array of fairy tales. We have shared this book together now at least 10 times and they are still thoroughly enjoying it. Would highly recommend and will definitely be buying as gifts next christmas for their friends.

sallyst123 Fri 26-Dec-14 07:40:37

My 6 yo dd has loved this book.
It is full of bright colours & really detailed illustration. She really enjoyed identifying each fairytale caracter on each picture.
The message of the story was lovely & was really excited to see there are other books in this series. ( on Xmas eve she spotted the fairy tale hairdresser & snow white while we were in a bookshop getting some last minute bits) & it's going to be the 1st thing she wants with her Xmas money.
Thank you for letting us review it. It was very much enjoyed!

gildedlily Wed 31-Dec-14 14:01:38

Sorry for the delay. This was waiting for us when we got home after Christmas, thank you. DS5 loved the story and colourful illustrations. It's a sweet, kind story with a seasonal twist maybe a bit saccharin for my tastes but past the test with DS.

BlackSusie2004 Mon 12-Jan-15 14:10:21

I found this a lovely little book, and it was great having a special book for Christmas! We loved the sparkly cover and last page!
We decided that the moral of the story (we always try to find one!) was that even the worst of people can be better with a bit of love!

This book was so beautiful from start to finish. Each page was boldly illustrated with cute little characters. My daughters really enjoyed the typical storyline of a baddie, heroine and love story. It was made even more exciting to have Santa in the story.

llewejk Mon 19-Jan-15 21:21:28

It was lovely to receive a Christmassy book. Beautiful colourful illustrations which caught my little ones attention. Brilliant from start to finish. Thank you for the book.

mjmooseface Thu 22-Jan-15 19:49:10

Thanks for my copy of this book! I wasn't expecting it as I hadn't had an email, or anything! I love how pink and sparkly and glittery the front cover is - my son wouldn't stop feeling the glittery parts! Off to leave a review now.

REVLAI Sun 25-Jan-15 19:38:22

What a nice surprise to receive this book last Christmas. Thank you very much. Sorry for late posting, I was I'll over the Christmas break and have been busy non-stop since. Will post a review soon!

nikkijp83 Tue 10-Mar-15 16:46:34

What a beautiful book! Enjoyed by my 6 year old ds and 2 year old dd.
We really loved how the bright colours kept both our children's attention and they enjoyed the story.... It has been read a few times since Xmas too! smile
Thank you for letting us review this beautiful book xx

LadyRaff Tue 10-Mar-15 17:17:50

My 6year old likes this book, although I think it is better suited to 3-5 year olds. She loves the glitter and finds it hilarious to discover familiar characters from other fairy tales. I liked the story too-lovely for Christmas.

Sizzlesthedog Tue 10-Mar-15 18:14:06

Really beautiful book, the glitter on the last pages was a lovely treat. Interesting to have a hairdresser as the heroine.

A lovely Christmas tale. We had great fun finding all the far you take characters on the pages. The illustrations are enchanting.

Thank you for letting us review this book.

Tigerlily13 Tue 10-Mar-15 19:20:56

Lovely book, really pretty, glittery and bright. Nice little story with a great message, my boys loved it, thank you!

cavylover Tue 10-Mar-15 19:52:11

Beautifully illustrated book with all the ingredients for a lovely story. Ideal for young boys and girls alike - many thanks.

GERTA Tue 10-Mar-15 22:00:26

My daughter and my son absolutely loved this book. It came just in time for christmas and we still read it every night. The story is beautiful. The pictures give kids lots of option to explore and spot different known characters. Its just one of our favourite books. Will recomend to everyone

shelaghh Wed 11-Mar-15 12:09:34

After reading earlier adventures, i read the book to my younger children, who were happy to listen to yet another story about kit tie Lacey.
I was even asked to read it again and again to them.
It must be a good book !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now