Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Don't Look Back by Gregg Hurwitz giveaway

(15 Posts)
TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Sep-14 10:33:10

We’ve got 50 copies of Don’t Look Back to give away this week, the haunting new thriller by renowned author Gregg Hurwitz.

After the breakup of her marriage, Evie takes the holiday of a lifetime, but what should have been the perfect pick-me-up soon turns into a nightmare. If she is ever to see her son again, Evie will be forced to find reserves of strength, courage and ingenuity she never dreamt existed; or die trying.

Click here to find out more about the book and apply for your free copy.

This giveaway is sponsored by Penguin Books.

GetHappy Tue 30-Sep-14 17:05:25

applied .. fingers crossed. author looks rather dishy too blush

ScarlettDarling Tue 30-Sep-14 22:17:20

Haha...yes he does!! Applied!

TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Oct-14 15:56:44

Hello, this giveaway has now closed. I'll pick the winners and send an email to the lucky lot who win a copy.

Tina (MNHQ)

BehindLockNumberNine Thu 09-Oct-14 15:59:25

Arrrgh, was just coming to apply for this. One minute too late sad

GetHappy Sat 18-Oct-14 12:14:33

received today ... look forward to reading it. will update with a review very soon :-) thank you xx

AnnField Sat 18-Oct-14 17:57:55

I didn't get an email but I did receive a copy of the book today so thank you!

ScarlettDarling Sat 18-Oct-14 19:58:40

Received today...lovely surprise! Not far off finishing my current book, got 'A fair fight' on my bedside table waiting for me, then look forward to reading this book. Many thanks

AnnField Mon 20-Oct-14 22:53:15

Just finished it. Didn't really enjoy it. I know it's fiction but I found that I just didn't believe a lot of it and I didn't care what happened to any of the characters. I did appreciate the free copy though and will pass onto a friend who may enjoy it.

missorinoco Fri 24-Oct-14 10:02:49

Thanks for the book. I didn't really enjoy it either. I found it too implausible, and convenient that it all happened to her. I ended up skimming most of it to see how the main character escaped. I also thought the background of the "bad guy" was a bit of a cliche.

I will pass it on though. That sounds very ungrateful, but I don't want to post an obsequious review.

IreadthereforeIam Mon 27-Oct-14 16:30:33

I received this last week, and I'm going to start reading it this week. I did have a moment where I wondered where this book had appeared from - I didn't get an email saying that I was being sent it. It was a rather pleasant surprise!!

Mythreeknights Tue 28-Oct-14 13:18:51

Thank you! Came back from hols with this waiting for me on the doorstep - delighted to have 'won' it and will review as soon as I have finished it...although looks pretty scary!

ScarlettDarling Sun 16-Nov-14 17:03:58

Just finished and although it's not my usual type of book, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I was a bit dubious at first about whether I was going to be able to enjoy reading about the heroine, Eve, as I don't tend to like female characters written by male writers. However, although she wasn't the most believable of characters, this didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story.
The story was action packed and raced along. The villain was truly loathsome-which I like!- and I felt happy with how everything turned out in the end. I've never read anything by this author before, but Will certainly seek out some of his other work. I've passed the book on to my husband now as it's right up his street.
Thank you mumsnet for the opportunity to discover an exciting author.

MamaMummyMum Mon 17-Nov-14 20:24:08

A suspenseful thriller that has you turning the pages at a fast pace. With descriptions that really make you feel the danger, it is action packed, frightening at times..

Read my full review here :

www.mamamummymum.co.uk/2014/11/dont-look-back-book-review.html

Mythreeknights Fri 21-Nov-14 16:02:34

I was expecting fast paced drama, instead it was a laughably rubbish read, full of unbelievable characters who I didn't connect to. I love books but this is definitely the low point of this years reading. But thank you for sending me a copy! I am very appreciative of the book reading give away scheme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now