Friend smashed someone's window and got in my car afterwards

(19 Posts)
Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:23:02

This morning a friend asked me to take them somewhere and on the way they asked me to turn on to a street and unbeknown to me (I had my music turned up and was talking to my daughter so didn't hear anything) it was still dark 6am

OP’s posts: |
Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:25:00

I pressed post before I finished...anyway the person had CCTV and you can see my car and visibly see us both I really didn't know this was happening am I going to be introuble too? I really don't understand or even know what has happened as to why they smashed the window as I didn't know it had happened till someone o know sent me the photo I'm not sure if my reg is actually visible

UrsulaVdL Tue 05-Jan-21 11:27:55

I think you need to get pronto to a police station to make a statement and leave your friend out to hang.

TheQueef Tue 05-Jan-21 11:28:20

Cctv shows your car?

Bluntness100 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:28:58

Make of female friend...how old are you?

NerrSnerr Tue 05-Jan-21 11:29:55

Why on earth did you agree to take your friend somewhere at 6am? It makes very little sense (even without factoring in Covid restrictions). Where did you think you were taking her and why did you agree?

NerrSnerr Tue 05-Jan-21 11:30:50

Also who sent the photo and how did they get hold of it?

I agree- go to the police and tell the truth.

MillieVanilla Tue 05-Jan-21 11:34:04

Did you not ask why they wanted a lift at that time?
Or why they were asking to stop at a random House?
That's so weird!

Firstly you need to contact them, say you are aware of what they have pulled you into and they need to speak up and tell police you were not involved whatsoever. You also need to prepare that they won't buy the whole "listening to.misic so didn't know" line. The fact you took your child is not going to look good either.
Was there no urgency when they got back in the car to leave?
This is mental!

Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:45:09

It sounds so bizzare she is staying with me as her ex partner had been abusing her my daughter wakes up at 5am every morning and she asked if I could take her to work which was on the way to where she asked me to stop, the house she stopped at was her boyfriends mum's house, and I got a message on facebook off my friend asking why I'm smashing people's windows in which I swear hadn't known it happened when she got in my car I asked why we had stopped and she said she was posting something, she did seem quick to get back in but the last thing that entered my head was that she'd smashed someone's window so didn't think about it

Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:47:22

I want to go to the police but she saying wait till they come to me and then just to tell the truth even if it drops her in it and I want to do that but don't want to get in to trouble myself, she's been thru a lot recently she spent the whole of lockdown getting hit off her ex and I don't want to land her in more trouble but she did this to herself

Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 12:00:40

@Bluntness100 female, and I'm 24 and clearly very naive I didn't really think people went around smashing windows unless you were 13 🤷

AdamDriversApple Tue 05-Jan-21 12:01:44

If you wait the police are unlikely to accept you knew nothing. You were complicit because you now know and did nothing about it.

You need to go to the police before they come to you.

Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 12:10:19

I know you're right, I'm going to give them a call.
I was just hoping they wouldnt figure out who it is as I don't think my reg is visible and just play the waiting game but I'm just sat here panicking like a lemon, and she clearly isn't much of a friend as she wouldn't have put me in this position if she was

UrsulaVdL Tue 05-Jan-21 12:15:06

„She clearly isn’t much of a friend“

Understatement of the century

JamieLeesCurtains Tue 05-Jan-21 12:17:29

You might want to get this moved to Legal Matters, OP.

DisgruntledPelican Tue 05-Jan-21 12:21:35

How did your other friend get the photo?

Nighthawker Tue 05-Jan-21 12:27:10

I would go to the police now, if it was her ex's mum's house she vandalised and the pictures are already all over Facebook it won't take long for people to figure out who did it and assume you were in on it. There's no excuse for what she did and she can deal with the consequences.

growinggreyer Tue 05-Jan-21 12:30:58

Also, you need to text her not to come back to yours. She is out on her ear after this little stunt. You need to put a big space between you or the police will have no reason to believe your side of the story.

Pops042020 Tue 05-Jan-21 12:41:41

I have spoken to her on the phone and told her I have too much to loose (job and baby) to be involved with stuff like this and that we both know if she had told me prior I wouldnt have done it as that's why she didn't want to tell me afterwards!

She must also be really bloody thick to smash windows on a house that clearly has CCTV on it!

It might go in my favour that I tried to reverse out of the road as I had no Idea what had just happened and not just carry on as any get away drive would do 🤣

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in