Talk

Advanced search

No sex drive after pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Sammx Fri 13-Mar-20 20:05:50

I love my boyfriend more than anything but since having our DS 4 months ago, I have completely lost my sex drive! We're mid 20's and I feel guilty that I just don't want it at all. I of course still find him attractive, however I am constantly tired and feel like I have no time to do anything and no energy to have sex. I feel awful but all I want to do is sleep when we go to bed lol. I don't want him to think I don't love him, but I also feel like if I tried to explain myself he'd be convinced I don't find him attractive anymore!

OP’s posts: |
imanii Wed 25-Mar-20 09:21:55

Hi,
I found myself having the exact same problem with my partner. I knew I was still attracted to him and that he wasn't the problem. Try to really relax yourself. I found myself having to light candles and get him to massage me for me to be in the mood. Sometimes unrecognised stress can cause lack of drive.

MaryAnneMumof2 Thu 23-Apr-20 00:40:31

Hi Sammx, thanks for sharing, I had the same thing. For me it was a combination of factors including tiredness but for me it was more related to my own body confidence- I didn’t feel attractive and it was hard to even think about sex when I felt unsexy. I had some trouble with urine leakage after my second baby (vaginal delivery) and was paranoid about that. I now had this treated at a clinic and have got back to my old body shape (well close enough) and that has helped my sex drive a lot.

Lynda07 Thu 23-Apr-20 00:42:53

He is probably more tuned in to how you feel than you realise and, if he is a nice man, he'll be considerate and wait until you are ready. It was ages before I felt any sexual desire after having my baby. My husband was lovely and I appreciated that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in