Talk

Advanced search

Health Visitor can I decline?

(2 Posts)
mumi2019 Tue 13-Aug-19 10:37:48

Hiya

I’ve just had my third baby my others are 12 years old and 2 years old and I was just wondering if I could decline a health Visitor? Has any one done this ? Just I’ve had him weighed and checks and I’ve still got midwife appointments.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
SAHM2019 Wed 14-Aug-19 15:00:43

I think you can yes. One of the mums at my daughters school is a HV and told me I can decline a visit (when I'd had my 3rd and was moaning about having to wait in for the HV). She said i could just tell her that i was 3rd time around, a confident mum and didn't have any concerns. I did go ahead and have the appointment but said this to the HV and explained that I didn't feel like I needed any more visits. She seemed a bit taken aback but she also said if I didn't feel like I needed another visit that I didn't 'have' to have one. So long story short, yes you can decline.
For me personally, I've never felt like they have helped me with anything even first time around. I know they have a job to do, and I know some parents find them useful but I just never have.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in