Talk

Advanced search

Could it be ectopic?

(6 Posts)
Pleaseletitbe123 Mon 18-Mar-19 06:52:48

Hi everyone, I found out I was pregnant on 10/03/19 after being 12 days late for period. Two HPTs confirmed it. LMP was 25/01/19. Because I was so early on, (and two previous healthy pregs) i thought I'd wait until around 8 weeks to book in with MW. Anyway on Wednesday 13th, I had a terrible migraine and the following day started spotting. Nothing to worry about as spotted with both my girls. But then the spotting turned into heavy bleeding and clots plus slight cramping all over front and back ache along my right hand side. Booked in with doc and he sent me for scan on Friday 15th. Did TVUS and could only see a "thickening of the lining of womb". They couldn't see my right ovary. But they said because I was so early, they wouldn't see much anyway. Then had blood test. Results came back - hCG 411. Then another blood test 48 hours later - hCG 489. Nurses asked me about shoulder tip pain, and I said no, but I've realised that for about the last two months my neck and shoulders have felt really sore like I need a chiropractor to come and crack them. No sudden sharp pains though, just dull aching. I've got another blood test booked in tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences at all please? Thanks.

TomSmitten Mon 18-Mar-19 06:57:18

I had something similar - was around 5.5 weeks when I had very heavy bleeding (although no clots) for 24 hours. Went for 2 blood tests 48 hours apart and hcg was sill increasing but not doubling. After another 2.5 weeks of hcg slowly rising but hospital being unable to locate a pregnancy it ruptured. I imagine they'll keep monitoring you. The pain began about 2 days before the rupture, a constant pain on the right side. When it rupture it was sudden and sharp. Other than the bleeding and the absence of a visible pregnancy on repeated scans, I had no other symptoms or signs.

Pleaseletitbe123 Mon 18-Mar-19 09:58:02

Thank you for your reply TomSmitten. So sorry for your loss. Are you going to try again?

My bleeding has slowed down today and I've just taken another really strong HPT. I have my blood test tomorrow so that will tell. You hang onto any glimmer of hope, don't you!? I'm so desperate for another baby and the fact that I've been able to get pregnant again is just so brilliant. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Also, I've realised my back ache is pulled muscles from putting flat-pack together (before finding out I was preg).

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Lots of love and luck for our futures. Xx

ZaksDad Sun 24-Mar-19 18:39:08

Hi, my partner had an ectopic preganancy. She was getting bad pains at the side but wasn't sure what ot was. We knew she was pregnant at the time. Luckily she works in the maternity unit at the hospital so they done a scan and had to go to surgery that day. After a wait of around 6 or 7 months we decided to try again, as she felt ready but to no avail so far. Thinking the ectopic pregnancy is affecting the chances

Chocolate50 Sun 05-May-19 19:29:40

It doesn't sound like you have an ectopic - I had one a few years back & was very unwell as there was a rupture & the pain was excruciating- it was internal bleeding like pain nothing like period pain.
I had sharp shoulder point pain & was literally crawling around on the floor - I am very hopeful that you will be fine.

Pleaseletitbe123 Mon 13-May-19 21:54:49

Hey Zaksdad, thanks so much for your comment. I'm praying you get what you want. Xx

Chocolate50, thank you. I'm sorry you went through that. It sounds horrid. Xx

Mine turned out to be miscarriage. Chemical pregnancy they call it due to being under 8weeks. Seems harsh to call it that when it was so much more than that. Anyway, we are back on it (as soon as I stopped bleeding). First period came 6 weeks and 3 days from the start of the miscarriage. Ovulating around now, so I'd better be off 😉

All the best everyone. I really appreciate the comments xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »