Talk

Advanced search

Manual on how not to live a life !

(22 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

pickedtillyour92 Sun 12-Aug-18 13:11:03

Shocker of a year, check out my blog on how not to do!
Muses from France
Reflections...
Any comments, feedback would be much appreciated!

www.pickledtillyour92.com/

dragonflyflew Sun 12-Aug-18 13:27:51

Maybe I'm too old for it but it's not working for me.
Needs some work on grammar and the blogs seem a bit like first drafts.
The photos are nice though.
I think you've had a really shitty time and I understand that this is a good way for you to vent .
Pickled till *you're 92 read better than 'your'.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 12-Aug-18 13:28:17

Its very visually beautiful,did you take the photographs?stylised like an editorial
You’re very candid about your clients,is that ok?if they read the blog will they be ok. Be mindful it may have repercussions
I’m intrigued - Who’s the beautiful boy, an ex-lover?

9.2 weeks Annual leave, oh la la

Ariela Sun 12-Aug-18 13:41:53

Pickled till you're 92 please!

TwitterQueen1 Sun 12-Aug-18 13:43:51

Nope. Can't tolerate 'Your' when it should be 'You're' so clicked off before I read anything else. I'm of the old-fashioned type that believes grammar and spelling should be correct if you want people to read what you're writing.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 12-Aug-18 13:51:18

Can’t say it bothers me,it’s an online blog not a peer reviewed journal
I’m bemused how TwitterQ negotiaties online life with that just so stance

TwitterQueen1 Sun 12-Aug-18 14:00:33

I negotiate life extremely well thank you Lipstick.

I make a well-paid living out of ensuring what people write is easy to read, understand, digest and act on. Bad grammar and spelling matter because they're obstacles that prevent people from reading and understanding. They're also indicative of not caring about your audience and being disrespectful of them. If you, as an author, CBA to spend time on your message I CBA to read it.

Deathgrip Sun 12-Aug-18 14:03:25

Pickled till you're 92 please!

Actually, it’s til in this context, so that URL has two errors!

TwitterQueen1 Sun 12-Aug-18 14:06:22

We're in the same tribe Deathgrip grin

ravenmum Sun 12-Aug-18 14:08:15

Go to your GP tomorrow morning, emergency appointment, and tell him that you are depressed and considering suicide. Meanwhile, pick up the phone when you finish reading this and call the Samaritans.
www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us
It is an illness and you can treat it. When you treat it, you will stop feeling like that about yourself. When you stop feeling like that you can decide what you are going to do next.

ravenmum Sun 12-Aug-18 14:10:10

Now stop reading this and pick up the phone, pickled.

ravenmum Sun 12-Aug-18 14:12:05

p.s. I work as a proofreader for a living and could still be arsed to read the blog. Spelling is not the first thing on your mind when you're suicidal.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 12-Aug-18 14:22:28

Just seen your post about contemplating suicide.you must get help
You can go to Royal Free or UCH A&E and ask To see Psychiatric liaison
Psych liaison is avail 24-7 or see your GP. Please get some support
There is online and phone suppport via 116 123. jo@samaritans.org

dragonflyflew Sun 12-Aug-18 14:24:04

If it's til, should it be 'til?
Genuine question.

ravenmum Sun 12-Aug-18 14:28:56

RTFT

Userplusnumbers Sun 12-Aug-18 14:39:25

@TwitterQ

I make a well-paid living out of ensuring what people write is easy to read, understand, digest and act on

How do you manage that while also refusing to read anything that contains poor spelling and grammar?

Great blog OP, hope you work it all out.

ravenmum Sun 12-Aug-18 14:59:07

Hi OP, good to see you have been reading the thread, but do make sure not just to follow the spelling advice smile.
I was in a similar place to you. In my case, talking therapy and antidepressants were extremely helpful. But even the first visit to the GP, just having someone take me seriously and say that she wasn't suprised I felt that way, and that I needed help, was nice. Be kind to yourself and seek help.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-Aug-18 15:22:35

Hi pickedtillyour92

We hope you don't mind, but when your blog was flagged up to us we thought it might be useful to add a link to our Mental Health resources - here. You can also go to the Samaritans' website here, or email them on jo@samaritans.org.

Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

Sorry for hijacking your thread pickedtillyour92 , and we really hope things start to look a whole lot brighter soon.

flowers

exWifebeginsat40 Mon 13-Aug-18 06:09:13

sorry, your brother ran over someone’s foot, on a train, with his skateboard, and then mocked her Bengal accent when she complained? and you spend your days stealing groceries and booze from your housemates?

it’s all a bit low-rent Liz Jones. that isn’t a compliment.

pickedtillyour92 Mon 13-Aug-18 18:49:31

Dear lovely mummies,
Thank you so much for taking the time to read the posts, I have taken much of the feedback on board and executed the changes! Do please continue to read my posts if you get a chance, I put a new one up today. As you can tell I'm new to this so any guidance/feedback/ thoughts welcome. Or just thoughts on coping with starting all over again at the age of 35 would be very welcome. Any sharing on social media or comments on the page would be great too as I want to stay anon so I can't share via my platforms.
Thanks again xx

LipstickHandbagCoffee Mon 13-Aug-18 20:42:33

I like the pictures,v stylised. Do you take the pictures?

Take care ,be kind to yourself

pickedtillyour92 Mon 20-Aug-18 11:02:38

hello again
Yes all the photos are my own except one.
I have put a new post up 'sitting alone' which is a little more philosophical. Please do let me know what you think, I know you won't hold back!
www.pickledtillyour92.com
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: