Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Advice

(12 Posts)
Guiltymotherf Thu 31-May-18 21:56:27

Hey 🙂 I have a 5 year old and a 5 month old baby. I’m starting a podcast on guilty parenting. I feel guilty about everything and I’m learning to chill out. On my podcast I want to answer questions for advice on things that parents struggle with e.g. I feel guilty I’m so tired in the mornings. Any questions would be amazing!! Thank you

Chloeandshaun17 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:35:30

I’m 23, and last Monday night I decided to take a hpt and it came back positive, then clear blue and it said not pregnant. So went to the doctors to get urine and bloods taken. Only to come back negative again. I’m so confused right now? Why would one say I am then the rest not? Can anyone help me please sad

Guiltymotherf Wed 13-Jun-18 23:08:38

Hey Chloe. pretty sure you can get false negatives, but not a false positive. As you need to be pregnant for it to have picked up on the hormone. You could be early on and your hormone levels were lower? Some women it doesn’t show up with a blood test. Take another test first thing in the morning. If still negative, either push for a scan or get a private one just to be sure babe xx hope things work out the way you want

Chloeandshaun17 Wed 04-Jul-18 10:36:42

Thanks for replying my heads been in overdrive with it all. I have had some bleeding but it only lasted 2 days and it wasn’t heavy? So I don’t know what to do now?

Guiltymotherf Wed 04-Jul-18 11:03:10

Go to the doctor hun. Only way to know for sure xx

Zoebud Fri 20-Jul-18 10:03:08

Hey all I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I wanna know if it's normal to worry about things that I'm worrying about.
I'm a slim person and I'm showing just a little bit but I'm worrying if the baby is growing properly and don't know what to do. I haven't got my 20 week scan until the end of August but I don't think I can wait that long to find out. Is it worth going private to get a scan to see if the baby's growing properly or shell I just wait? I had my first scan 2 weeks ago and everything seemed normal but I can't get rid of this niggling feeling.. advice please??

Guiltymotherf Fri 20-Jul-18 15:51:43

I bet you also worried about the 12 week scan too? I worried about everything! First worrying I’ll miscarry, then that they would scan me and they’d be no baby or not growing anymore. Then the 20 week scan I was terrified about abnormalities. I got so scared I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Are you usually an anxious person? Speak to your midwife, as a lot of women suffer for depression and anxiety during pregnancy and you may need some anti anxiety medication to calm you down so you can enjoy your pregnancy Xx

Guiltymotherf Fri 20-Jul-18 15:53:52

Also if this is your first pregnancy it’s usual not to show until 6 months. Bump has nothing to do with the size of the baby. Baby can be real far back, that’s how some women don’t even know they’re pregnant until given birth. Or you could have really good abs. You honestly don’t need to worry at 14 weeks, especially if your midwife is happy

Guiltymotherf Fri 20-Jul-18 15:54:52

Any news lovely? Xx

Zoebud Fri 20-Jul-18 17:18:35

Hey sorry yeah as you can tell this is my first pregnancy. I'm not usually a anxious person I just think because I can't see what's happening you worry about it. I have got my next midwife appointment until the 30th. Yeah my bump isn't that big because I still wake up on my front lol. I'm just hoping things are going to go to plan. My 12 week scan I was nervous just in case no baby or heartbeat but everything was fine. 😀. It's just a long wait from 12 weeks to 20 weeks to find out if baby is growing ok. This heat hasn't helped either. I thought my sickness had stopped but this heat is just brought it back again. I'm glad I'm not the only one that think this way. Did you ever think of going private and having a baby wellbeing scan??

Guiltymotherf Fri 20-Jul-18 20:06:34

Yah I did for my first. If you can afford it then I don’t see a harm. I had my second 6 months ago and I really wanted to pay for a scan, but I knew I’d feel the same way again a week later! It is a long wait though😞 this heat is awful, thankfully you’ll be heavy pregnant when it’s cold

Zoebud Sat 21-Jul-18 21:51:50

Hey sorry about the late reply. Yeah I can't go private until 16 weeks so might actually do that 😀. Yeah can't wait until the weather gets colder lol it's playing havoc with me. I'm just hoping things will be ok that's all 😀

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: