Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Easy way to do a blog

(16 Posts)
parrotonmyshoulder Sun 27-May-18 16:32:53

Hi,
Is there a easiest/ best way to do a blog? Complete newbie. Is it possible to have it visible to invited people only? Can you moderate comments. It will be kids producing the blog. Preferably easy as possible to upload pictures/ text and make it look okay!
Thanks for any advice.

sunraintea Thu 21-Jun-18 22:54:09

Hi I use WordPress for mine, it is easy to use and you can make posts private or public. If you would like to take a look, my bog is here https://sunraintea.com
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have 🙂

AlexandraN1988 Sat 14-Jul-18 11:28:22

Hi Parrotonmyshoulder.
I've just started a blog myself using blogger and completely new to the blogging world. Check it out at ivf-2-baby.blogspot.com
Happy to share/hear any tips or advice along the way.

DMF1305 Tue 17-Jul-18 10:25:47

I've just started a blog using WordPress. It was so easy to set up, I had it set up in around 30 minutes. I have upgraded to the paid subscription though, only because i didn't want Wordpress ads all over mine, but you can just sign up with a free account if you're not sure how you'll get on with it.

I'll be trying to update it as often as possible now. I'm just using it as a diary/somewhere to write down my thoughts throughout the week really, but it's also focused on our family & love of Disney. Literally just started it, only 2 posts done at the moment.

disneymadfamily.co.uk/

AlexandraN1988 Sun 22-Jul-18 14:46:45

DMF I love your blog! Its lovely to look at and even more so to read! I will be following 😊
x

http://ivf-2-baby.blogspot.com

DMF1305 Sun 22-Jul-18 16:04:01

Thank you Alexandra, that means a lot. I’m enjoying writing again but know there’s so much still to learn, so I am just learning as I go. I will definitely have a read of your blog : )

Goostacean Tue 21-Aug-18 13:23:50

Hi @DMF1305, agree that your blog is lovely to look at (I've only just clicked on, so will have a read now!). Can I ask please, how do you get the photos so beautifully aligned? I'm new to Wordpress smile Do you have any sites you use for tips on how to use it?

LMG132028 Tue 21-Aug-18 14:32:40

@Goostacean
Thank you so much, that means a lot because I have been getting stressed out about it this last week or so because I was worried it didn’t look like some of the blogs I follow. I will send you a PM regarding photos, I don’t do a lot to be honest other than upload them but it could be something to do with the theme that you are using. I’ll send you a message anyway.

Goostacean Tue 21-Aug-18 14:46:05

Thanks! No, it looks fab! I’m currently on maternity for the next 7 months so thinking blogging may be a useful activity. I’m considering using Instagram too, which I don’t currently have...

Lurking on this section of MN to pick up all the pro tips 😂

LMG132028 Tue 21-Aug-18 15:29:04

Oh lovely, congratulations! I’ve only recently started, although I have wanted to blog for years. I actually find it quite therapeutic, writing down my thoughts, tidying it all up, getting my photos sorted etc. I just need to get organised now so I can post in a more regular pattern. When you’re set up send me your link so I can follow you. I will send you a DM as soon as i’m at a proper computer, currently replying on my phone in between some work stuff.

LMG132028 Tue 21-Aug-18 15:54:21

Sorry, just noticed I logged in under my old MN account. Very confusing for people! I’ll try & stick to using my new account once i’ve logged out : )

Goostacean Tue 21-Aug-18 16:03:36

Ha, I didn't even notice! But would have assumed it was you rather than someone cheekily taking credit for your work.

Thanks, no rush and will do. Looking forward to it! Need to do a bit more research on different platforms and start planning the content.

Goostacean Mon 27-Aug-18 19:38:08

I came back to update - I decided against starting the new blog as I couldn't think of a good angle, and it felt forced. I have however updated my existing blog, and put it on Facebook - and now I'm watching the viewing stats creep up! It's so weird, but fun, but nerve-wracking… Argh! smile

LMG132028 Mon 27-Aug-18 20:36:36

@goostacean that’s great news! Sorry I haven’t messaged you yet, things have been so busy lately. What’s your blog link?

m30002 Fri 07-Sep-18 16:18:42

I started my blog over a year ago on Wordspress. It started from when I was trying to conceive, throughout pregnancy and now having a 15 month old girl. My blog is mytripleb.wordpress.com.

Goostacean Sat 06-Oct-18 15:22:33

Finally got my focus back, although I do need to write another post this weekend - my last one was the start of a two-parter about a recent trip we did. Here's the link (very outing!):
pretendportena.wordpress.com/
Feedback gratefully received smile

@m30002 My LO is only 8 months old, so I'll definitely take a look at your blog for some tips for the next 8 months..!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: