Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Eviction when 20 weeks pregnant and have 4 children

(2 Posts)
Mummyoffour1986 Thu 26-Apr-18 12:03:23

Hi I wanted to ask if anyone had also been through the same as me?

I have a partner who I have been with for 3 years, a 9 year old a 7 year old an 20 month old and a 5 month old child and I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant. 2 months ago we were given an eviction notice by our landlord and now it’s ran out I’m feeling really worried about the outcome of what’s going to happen to us.
We live in the Torbay area, has this happened to anyone else before and if so did you get placed in a B and B? I feel we are in limbo and being pregnant too it’s just really stressing me out :-( I am also worried that if it’s left to the council to house us they could put us in Plymouth as that’s where most of their available properties are... I would love some advise or if anyone has been in the same position or if anyone knows how the council work? I would be so greatfull of some advise thank you

zanuda Fri 11-May-18 11:24:46

You kind of post in in the wrong area. Not that something wrong with bloggers, it's just there are no experts on the subject here. And this section of mumsnet is not very active...Try to post it on www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_matters

Another place they might have some advice, I think, is forums.moneysavingexpert.com They have a section for law questions as well.

Personally, I don't really know but I heard at the playgroup, you know, when the mums chat, that they have no legal rights to put you on the street. Either landlord have to provide something similar for you to live or they have to sort the situation out with the council (which might be quite bad too but still it will give you some place t live). Anyway, it was just somebody else saying. But surely, if people say like that, it should have some basis?!?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: