Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

What is grammatically correct

(14 Posts)
chloeistephens Mon 23-Apr-18 16:01:29

Before anyone judges me I am severely dyslexic... I am wanting to set up a blog and I don't want my dyslexia to stop me. Which is grammatically correct for a name of the blog is it:

A) Edwin + Me
B) Edwin + I

shouldwestayorshouldwego Mon 23-Apr-18 16:12:09

A useful rule of thumb is that you think what it would be without the other person - so a blog just about you would be called 'Me' so it would be Edwin and me. Many people though will say it sounds more M/C if you write Edwin and I looking at you dh .

itallhappensforareason Mon 23-Apr-18 16:17:33

I'm not sure which is grammatically correct but I think Edwin & Me sounds better. As in Marley & Me. grin

chloeistephens Mon 23-Apr-18 17:00:49

What does m/c mean?

SueGeneris Mon 23-Apr-18 17:02:46

Shouldwestay is correct - Edwin & Me.

SueGeneris Mon 23-Apr-18 17:03:20

M/c I believe means middle class.

TwitterQueen1 Mon 23-Apr-18 17:14:14

and just continuing what shouldwe said, if you want to write about the two of going into town or to the cinema for example, and didn't know whether to put Edwin and I or Edwin and me, you wouldn't say "Me went to the cinema" so it's correct to put "Edwin and I went to the cinema."

TwitterQueen1 Mon 23-Apr-18 17:17:35

and similarly, you wouldn't say "that soup really disagreed with Edwin and I." you would say "that soup really disagreed with Edwin and me." because if you forget about Edwin again, you wouldn't say "that soup really disagreed with I".

HTH (hope that helps) wink

ErrolTheDragon Mon 23-Apr-18 17:22:07

* Many people though will say it sounds more M/C if you write Edwin and I*

It really doesn't. It sounds a bit hyacinth bucket.

Eolian Mon 23-Apr-18 17:24:02

Edwin & Me is correct. Using 'I' rather than 'me' is compulsory in lots of cases, but this isn't one of them! It would sound a bit odd and pretentious. Lots of people use 'I' instead of 'me' in the wrong places because they think it sounds 'posher'!

Prestonsflowers Mon 23-Apr-18 17:28:02

Just as long as you don’t use Edwin and Myself😉

PlausibleSuit Mon 23-Apr-18 17:33:21

As TQ said, both options are correct in different sentence constructions. For example:

- Edwin and I saw the film
- The woman spoke to Edwin and me.

But the blog title isn't part of a sentence. So I would say that either option would be OK.

TwitterQueen1 Mon 23-Apr-18 19:57:09

yes, good point plausible!

OP, can I suggest you say that you are severely dyslexic in your brief bio that will show up at the top of your blog? Then you won't need to worry about any potential errors because people will understand and not judge.

chloeistephens Tue 24-Apr-18 20:14:04

Thanks everyone !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: