Talk

Advanced search

Would you hire a Private Cook?

(12 Posts)
AngellasKitchen Wed 21-Feb-18 11:48:52

I'm new to Mumsnet so really wanted to ask a question if busy Mum's would get someone in ad hoc to help out with Meal Planning/Menus?

I'm a Start Up with some extra hours so wondering how I could go about helping busy Mum's?

WriteMeBiteMe Sat 03-Mar-18 07:59:08

Absolutely! As long as the price was right. When I return to work from maternity leave in a few months this is one thing I am worried about.

My husband and I will both be working long hours 4 days a week so we each have a day off with the baby. But in the days when we are both working, who does the cooking? We'll be eating at 9pm if we wait for one of us to cook.

We'll be getting a cleaner for a few hours once a week so why not a cook? I would paye for someone to come in for a few hours and make us dinner for that night plus a couple of dinners for the week.

I think it's a great idea that a lot of working parents would go for.

PurpleWithRed Sat 03-Mar-18 08:05:41

Meal plan/menus or cook? If I won the lottery then yes, a cook-housekeeper would be very high on my list of must-haves. But in reality no, there are billions of good meals you can chuck together in 30 mins and a lot of very good ready meals too. It wouldn’t have been high priority for me.

AngellasKitchen Mon 05-Mar-18 14:29:43

I have a couple of clients who are busy parents with children under 10.
So I will shop, spend a day in their kitchen cooking meals which are freezeable. I do meal planners/menus so all they really need to do is put the food in the oven. The food is freshly prepared from scratch so if they are into healthy eating its done is such a way that it works for parents and family.

AnaWinter Mon 05-Mar-18 14:31:32

Yes would love that. Would also love a cook for dinner parties.

AngellasKitchen Mon 05-Mar-18 17:47:36

That's what I do.
I love it.

Elementtree Mon 05-Mar-18 17:51:38

How much would a service like that cost? Obviously, it will depend on food preferences and family size but what would your labour charges be?

AngellasKitchen Mon 05-Mar-18 19:07:27

It all depends on the need/food requirements and area. I tend to pop in once a week so there's food for the week or two. Tend to do the shopping as well.
Pop me a line if it's something of interest team@angellawilliams.co.uk

Elementtree Mon 05-Mar-18 20:25:57

I had a quick Google instead. I'm hundreds of miles away from you but I would love a service like that but I'd need to earn a chunk more to justify it on a regular basis.

In Auckland, there was a similar service that was tailored for new parents to fill their freezer pre-post baby and kind relatives who wanted to help out but were too far away, could buy it for however many weeks, as a gift. I'd be all over that with bells on for myself, family and friends.

AngellasKitchen Mon 05-Mar-18 22:07:24

We did that for a new mum and I got to donate lots of fresh food. The new parents loved it x

Bourgainvillia Tue 06-Mar-18 09:31:34

Yes, good idea I would go for it!

DiamondSplinters Tue 06-Mar-18 20:06:23

Our nanny cooks, so maybe tie it into that? Norland has amazing women teaching NQN nannies all the tricks! Or nanny carves the best chicken! I love having her over on Sunday!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: