Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Ever wish you could pay someone to walk your primary kids to school?

(14 Posts)
MBAstudent123 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:23:44

The walker would be DBS checked and you'd be able to track your kid...

Please reply one of the following...
1 Definately - sign me up
2 Perhaps
3 No way

Look forward to hearing from you.

confusedhelpme Wed 07-Feb-18 13:27:47

Already have a childminder that does exactly that.

Are you talking about someone collecting them from your house?

ShatnersBassoon Wed 07-Feb-18 13:30:08

3. I'd ask a friend or neighbour to help out if I was stuck.

I'm not sure I understand the logistics of using a specific childwalker. Isn't it just a childminder i.e you'd have to drop them off at the walker's house on your way to work or wherever?

LindySprint Wed 07-Feb-18 13:30:29

Yes - I used to have to do this.

MBAstudent123 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:31:33

We are thinking of a troop of kids walking the last half mile to school together after being dropped off at various drop off points. But possibly being picked up from home.

Smeaton Wed 07-Feb-18 13:33:13

That's what childminders do isn't it?
Childminders near me collect children or have them dropped off, then they all walk to school. They charge £3.50 an hour.

TieGrr Wed 07-Feb-18 13:34:22

3. Nope. The walk to school is the nice bit. The calm after the storm of getting her ready for school where we can have a bit of a chat.

OverTheMountain42 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:35:18

I am actually looking into this for many personal reasons. I will need someone to take ds to school when he starts and collect him, picking him up and dropping him back to my house.

So if it was available near me absolutely I would sign up!

RaininSummer Wed 07-Feb-18 13:35:31

Isn't that what they call a walking bus?? Great idea.

ClaudiaWankleman Wed 07-Feb-18 13:37:23

My primary school years ago used to do this... for free. Walking bus.

LindySprint Wed 07-Feb-18 13:37:59

There's a little 'walking bus' near me, always seems to have between six and ten young children (two adults). All in high vis.

No idea of cost, though.

MiddleagedManic Wed 07-Feb-18 13:39:50

Probably a good idea that if I could find a part time job around here then I would use.

However, walking to school is delightful, even when they are cross and grumpy! smile The holding hands when they are small, teaching about crossing roads safely, etc. Cherished moments.

TwigTheWonderKid Wed 07-Feb-18 13:42:27

No, because if I'm around then I want to walk my children to school myself as it's a nice time to have a chat and if I'm not available then I'd be using a childminder to look after them, or asking a friend to drop them off.

auntysara Wed 07-Feb-18 14:33:55

Nope! And I'm diabetic, it's a large part of my 1500 brisk steps a dayhalo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now