Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Help! Name inspiration for blog...

(12 Posts)
BBmumma Mon 06-Nov-17 21:13:31

Hi all, I am planning to start a blog - including (but not inclusive of) topics such as parenting, literature, daily life musings, fashion etc...all quite light-hearted in tone. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, and I’m hoping it will serve as a valuable online portfolio should anyone wish to hire me as a writer post intensive baby-rearing days. Rather worryingly, I seem to already be experiencing writer’s block...concerning my Blog’s Title. I loved ‘All The Small Things’ (Blink 182 fan, nod to the little ones, supports my ethos that it’s the little moments in life that count) but there’s already a ‘The Small Things’ blog and website. I would love something with a similar pop culture flair, that encompass my above ideas. Any thoughts would be so appreciated xx

byronicheroine Mon 06-Nov-17 21:25:48

What's my blog again?
Sorry!

SassySausageSupper Mon 06-Nov-17 21:30:52

Try to think of something that’s unique when you google it/tell people the name, so that if people look it up they will actually find your blog.

SassySausageSupper Mon 06-Nov-17 21:31:41

And also, if you want to get paid work from having a blog, I’d try to go with a professional-type name for it from the outset.

Freetodowhatiwant Mon 06-Nov-17 21:34:20

I'm struggling with this too, starting a podcast. It seems that everything has been done as there are so many blogs, instagram names and websites out there these days. Plenty that aren't podcasts but if I use something too similar to something else then it might seem like it's the podcast relating to that blog, iyswim. Sorry I know this doesn't help I just wanted to empathise. I am all ready to start recording and interviewing but stuck at the name.

SassySausageSupper Mon 06-Nov-17 21:36:07

What’s your podcast about?

BBmumma Mon 06-Nov-17 21:38:33

Haha I love this! It made me smile, which is just my intention! And it’s my daughter’s favourite song. It’s firmly on the list, thank you xx

BBmumma Mon 06-Nov-17 21:39:14

Great advice, thank you! Xx

BBmumma Mon 06-Nov-17 21:46:14

Oh I’m so with you, empathise away! It’s harder than choosing a baby name, and I thought this was the most challenging naming task humanly possible! Best of luck with your podcast, I hope to be able to listen to it one day!

SassySausageSupper Mon 06-Nov-17 21:52:18

What about “182 Things” as a blog name/theme?

Freetodowhatiwant Tue 07-Nov-17 09:56:49

Podcast is about travel - Sassy - has to be sensible enough for me to be 'Free from xxxxx travel podcast' on the news etc. I will be interviewing interesting and well known people about their life in travel. Life in Travel would be good as would Travel Journal or similar but all been done. I was also thinking something like Ticket to Ride or something musical but again all been done. Any ideas let me know! Do you have a short-list for yours?

It's really debilitating though. I know a title isn't that important as some brands would sound ridiculous if we sounded them out but the fact is they have all been done as there are so many blogs, websites, instagram pages and podcasts out there these days.

LisaK73 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:41:15

Hi, what about 'the travel travails'....travails being French for 'works', the power of 3 words is quite strong and all the 'T's are useful illiteration (which my primary school son keeps banging on about to me) 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: