Advanced search

Financial settlement - Divorce

(7 Posts)
Tinnah Thu 28-Sep-17 12:17:48

Hi thee,

Here again, sorry not the sort of blog you are looking forward to.

Soon going for A FDA because ex has not provided full disclosure in Form E, I have evidence of that. Self representing only at FDA. Please could you assist with the following if you are legally qualified or familiar in this field:
Statement of issue:
1. Should I include here the order sought, didn't put in form E?
2. Do I need to dwell on items they have not disclosed, done questionnaire?
3. What items need to be in 'statement of issues', know this vary?
4. Have been doing their tax, I have details of two accounts which have not been disclosed, I understand I need to return this docs to their solicitor and inform them I have taken note of bank details.
Anyone know what the contents/ or wording of the letter should be? Some legal term?

Using unbundled solicitor but trying to save. Not very much money at stake.

Thanks for your help.

OP’s posts: |
Racmactac Thu 28-Sep-17 12:36:41

Have you prepared a questionnaire ?
Ask questions about the information that he has failed to disclose.
So if he hasn't declared a bank account t your question would be. It is believed that the respondent has a bank account with HSBC but it has not been disclosed. Please confirm and disclose bank statements for 12 months.
Summary/issues - you need to sum up the issues between you and yes I would make comment along lines of. It is not thought that the respondent has disclosed all of his assets in this matter.
You can ask the court for directions you are seeking for example.
A joint expert to provide valuation of family home.
Have look at financial remedy templates to give you some ideas.


Tinnah Thu 28-Sep-17 14:22:21

Thanks indeed Racmactac.

I meant to write Hi there.

Yes have done questionnaire, concerned it is too long though. Might put off judge from looking at it.
This is simply because there are so much anomalies in their form E. Too much cash withdrawn, friend suddenly lending money, no details for his company (accounts etc).

Do you think it's reasonable to ask their friend who is suddenly lending them money because they "broke" to produce their 12 month bank statement?

I have bank account numbers, not names though I think I know one of those banks. Shall I just give account number instead of names?

Your help thorough appreciated

OP’s posts: |
Tinnah Thu 28-Sep-17 14:39:57


OP’s posts: |
Racmactac Thu 28-Sep-17 14:50:47

Well if judge doesn't like your questions then he won't allow them.

You cannot ask for bank statements or otherwise from somebody who is not a party to the proceedings.

Tinnah Fri 29-Sep-17 10:50:42

Thanks indeed.

So helpful. That financial remedy template was very very helpful.


OP’s posts: |
Tinnah Fri 24-Nov-17 12:05:32


Here again, resolution has not been reached.

My ex and I still live together as we wait for financial settlement.

Ex is now using a silly tactic to get me out of the house. He has turned kitchen worktop a dustbin, the whole worktop is covered in all sorts of rubbish. He knows I don't like dirt or untidiness so this would drive me out. Smelly trainers on the hallway. Intentionally making the house as dirty as possible while he makes sure he doesn't participate in cleaning.

Have spoken to him, he won't listen.

I understand Police cannot do anything about it because it's not a crime.

I do not want to overreact, but at the same time I don't want to share a kitchen or house with flies and rats. My health is very important to me, I do not know how long the court matter will run. It's not my intention to vacate the house before financial settlement is complete. Although I try to block things out, it is stressing me, though I choose to pretend.

Have been taking photos as evidence.

Is it a good idea to apply for an occupation order based on this matter?
Should I give a notice to him through his solicitors before I can do that.

There are no children involved.

I was told this order is draconian and judges don't look forward to asking home owners to leave their home.

He has a place where he can stay for free while we wait for the court outcome, I don't.

He's the legal owner.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the long trail.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in