Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

River Island Plymouth Consumer Rights

(3 Posts)
Dartmoor Sat 23-Sep-17 17:56:22

River Island in Plymouth wouldn't give my 16 year old daughter a refund today for the obviously faulty trousers she bought online a week earlier - complete with all the paperwork and packaging. I think the manager thought she was too young to know her rights and so took complete advantage of her. She had travelled all the way in by bus to return the trousers and was really upset as it made her feel like a criminal. When I rang customer services to complain they actually had the complete cheek to offer free next day delivery on her next order and said that I could take the trousers back to the store (eight miles away) for a refund. I have asked for a letter of apology from the manager but have heard nothing as yet.

Dartmoor Thu 28-Sep-17 00:00:26

Update - I don’t think I can begin to explain just how upset and furious I am with River Island. Despite my call and messages to them my 16 year old daughter went back into the store today as instructed on the phone by customer services. Far from getting an apology or the Red Carpet treatment she deserves (after the gross incompetence of the store manager on the first occasion) she was once again fobbed off and has had to send the trousers which are clearly faulty and of very bad quality back by post as customer services said they cannot overrule the decision of the store manager. So still no refund and no apology and two visits to the shop. I believe this store manager is being deliberately deceitful and attempting to defraud customers of the refund they are entitled to when goods are not fit for purpose. This needs to be resolved. I asked for an apology on Saturday and we have heard nothing. I would now like compensation for my daughter and the harm this has done her. Shame on you River Island for deliberately trying to prevent customers from getting a refund for faulty goods.

zanuda Tue 24-Oct-17 13:24:05

Share this on their twitter and on their Facebook. And make review on Google maps (for that particular store location). Usually it makes them do proper things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now