Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

How do I contact subscribers to my blog?

(7 Posts)
iloveberries Tue 19-Sep-17 11:59:45

Hi - I started a rather rambly blog and noticed the other day I have over 400 subscribers. I am a total blogging virgin and I can't even see on my Wordpress site where you can subscribe confused.
Also is there a way I can email my subscriber list?

Is 400 subscribers even relevant? The email addresses all look legitimate...

Spam88 Tue 19-Sep-17 12:11:23

I don't use Wordpress so I'm not sure 🤔 if they haven't signed up to a newsletter or anything though then I don't think you should be emailing them (and would likely be in breach of the data protection act). 400 is a lot of followers though, especially if it's in a short time.

iloveberries Tue 19-Sep-17 12:25:49

I'm getting about 20 new subscribers a day. I didn't realise as the emails were going to my junk.
I guess if they're subscribed they'll be notified if I do a new post?
Literally all new to me!

Spam88 Tue 19-Sep-17 13:21:12

I believe so smile

zanuda Tue 24-Oct-17 13:07:16

iloveberries - are you selfhostet or on wordpress.com? I don't know much about later but with former - it could be some bots. So you'll need some plugins for protection.

As for contacting? Why do you want it, or what are you planning to do? Because you usually have the list of e.mails. If you want to some sort of newsletter, people usually do it through 3d party service. like mailchimps

HuguenotJo Tue 24-Oct-17 13:20:23

Please link to your blog, OP! Would love to have a look.

AnotherEmma Tue 24-Oct-17 13:26:47

Why do you want to email your subscribers? Do you want to send a regular email newsletter? If so you could use Tiny Letter but you would need to send an initial email giving them the option to opt in or out (and all future emails will have an unsubscribe link).

If you don't actually want to email them you'll have to find and remove the "subscribe" button wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now