Advanced search

Tax returns

(2 Posts)
gclint Fri 28-Jul-17 20:20:51

Apart from electricity, council tax and wear and tear, what other things can you deduct from your gross wage when childminding and where would u find out the percentage to take off?smile

DeathByMascara Fri 28-Jul-17 20:25:10

I work in a chartered accountants office and do a lot of personal tax returns. Normally when drafting accounts we create an expense for 'use of home as office', which will vary depending on the time spent in the house working on th business. In a childminding setting, this will obviously be substantial. This takes in to account all bills including rent/mortgage, council tax, utilities, phone, broadband etc.

If you've made any home improvements, you can also take a portion of these against your business accounts.

Feel free to pm me if you want to ask anything more specific.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »