Talk

Advanced search

The worst decision we have to make?

(5 Posts)
JimmyJ Sat 15-Jul-17 15:19:14

To all those lovely ladies flowers

I thought I would do a post as I'm in shock, last week I was off work with exhaustion and had bloods - did we think to take a preg test, no!

Thursday this week, I tested positive with two tests (one stating 3-4weeks) so I'm about 5w 3days pregnant. I sat on the bath panel and cried with my partner saying "don't cry, relax darling" we were in a state of shock. I've had crap morning sickness and I feel like a slug - crying and period like symptoms with aching boobs!

My partner is 28 and I'm 27, we have good jobs (I'm not too happy in mine- hey ho ££) and we have just bought our first home in May, currently doing it up too.

I cannot stop crying, I've told my Mum as she is my Mum, and my partner is being amazing. We have been together for 18months fell in love quick, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Done many breaks mini holidays together but had massive plans for 2018, travel and enjoy the new time we have. Enjoy one another, it's been short.

I'm crying a lot, looking to him and talking about the pregnancy a lot, what do we do, what about what we haven't done, what happens if the house isn't ready, we're to young, and mostly we are absolutely petrified....beyond words.

Please don't think I'm being a selfish person, were generally in pieces and have hit a crossroads in our lives...

I hope ladies can support me on here as it's just nice to tell others too and maybe have you been in this place before...?

Thank you

J star

Rosa163 Sun 16-Jul-17 23:58:25

You have to make the decision that's best for you, what you want deep inside. For no one else but yourself. Whatever happens never feel like a bad person or like you're making the wrong choice, you know what is best and you should trust yourself! Your partner sounds great and I hope things work out for you both ok smile

JimmyJ Mon 17-Jul-17 06:16:37

Thank you Rosa, means a lot that you have commented.
Everyday seems to be "can we/can't we" we're both petrified and I feel like am I capable, my Mum said once the baby goes into your arms it will change. The morning sickness is crap and I feel tired but it's all part I know smile

Judesmum14 Fri 21-Jul-17 15:25:36

You will be absolutely fine. I fell pregnant with only being with my partner 8 months I was only 20 when my son was born I was in full time employment but still lived at home with my parents as did my partner. For the remainder of the pregnancy we moved in together got a puppy (good idea at the time) I learned to drive and we just got by it was hard at first as I was only bringing in maternity pay so my partner was working all hours. We just did everything as we could.

Do not worry about a thing I promise you it will all be ok.

JimmyJ Fri 21-Jul-17 18:39:35

Judesmum - thank you for your kind words, not enough people like you and Rosa who give lovely support. I think we're going to but I'm just all over the place and moody as hell! Thank you again. Means so much.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »