Talk

Advanced search

Sleepsuit recommendation

(6 Posts)
Nicr1 Mon 03-Jul-17 13:59:08

Hi, I am struggling to dress my 8 month old boy at night during these hot humid nights. I usually put him in a babygro or vest on him covered with a cellular blanket but I am finding that he is either too warm or too cold as he kicks the covers off as he moves quite a bit whilst he sleeps. Can anyone recommend know a lightweight summer sleep suits? I’ve seen ErgoPouch in John Lewis has anyone tried these before?

inappropriateraspberry Mon 03-Jul-17 14:02:55

Try a sleep sack. We had a really lightweight one for the summer, and they can't kick it off!

sleeplessmum2012 Mon 03-Jul-17 14:11:14

Which sleep sacks Inappropriaterasberry?

I have been using some supermarket own brand ones and they are just too hot and sweaty even the lighter summer ones. I don't think the fabrics are quite right for warmer weather. I'm struggling with this too.

inappropriateraspberry Mon 03-Jul-17 14:26:11

We got this one, only 0.5 tog. Just put him in a vest and a sleep sack. No need for a blanket if really warm.

inappropriateraspberry Mon 03-Jul-17 14:29:48

There are lots on amazon! I ended up ordering the wrong size in the end, it was too big, but it still worked!

Nicr1 Sat 15-Jul-17 22:14:27

I decided to give ErgoPouch sleep suit bag 1 tog a go. It was a good decision! My 8 month old has not slept through the night until now! It's a toddler sleeping bag with legs/feet which I think is best for my son as he likes too wriggle around and feels trapped in a traditional sleep bag. The ErgoPouch is a natural fibre sleeping bag Which is so gentle on my sons skin especially as the night have been really warm so he is just in a vest.
I think the best feature of the bag is that you can change the bag into a suit with legs which is so convenient moving my son from the car seat to cot on a let night visit to friends so I don't have to disturb his sleep. The ErgoPouch retails from £55.99 which is a bit more expensive than other brands however the suit is large so will fit your little from 6 months up to at least 2 years of age so it's well worth the cost and you font have the hassle of replacing the bag.
I bought my ErgoPouch in John Lewis.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »