Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
How do I set up a blog?(2 Posts)
All you lovely bloggers seem to be chatting happily here and I'm sure I'm missing the obvious thread where someone can tell me - how do I set up the basic template for a blog and get started? Don't trust google, as too full of dodgy adds which I'm sure are sending me in the wrong direction. Any help gratefully received and then I can join you
1. Don't click on adds, click on a regular sites in the top
1. Have you decided what you'r going to write about? Have you already got several starting articles?
2. Do you want to have a blog on free platform, or you're ready to pay?
Here there are some options.
1) Totally free - name will be like YOUSITE.FREPLATFORM.com. And the platform will show their own adds. On most you will not be allowed to show your adds or your adds will be limited
2) free hosting, paid domain name. Kind of obvious. It will be URL of your choice, the rest - se NN1
3) paid hosting, paid domain. Everything the way you like but you'll have to learn how to do it.
That's kind of all. In general. If you need more info, just ask. As for the platforms, the most popular are wordpress.com or blogger.com (when you register, you'll automatically get redirected to ...blogspot with your country ending like ...co.uk or .com).
Please login first.