Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Pre payment meters

(7 Posts)
user1495121750 Thu 18-May-17 16:51:20

I lost my purse today with all my money in it, my electric is going to go off rang council to see if thay could help me all thay said was I would be intitled to a food bank voucher, I thought thay done some sort of crisis loan I'm so worried about my electric my gas is very low too any ideas please, got no family my few friends are all on benefits so thay can't help

Pilesofironing Thu 18-May-17 16:52:45

You need to phone your electricity provider. They will sort you out with supply and a new card.

user1495121750 Thu 18-May-17 16:54:15

I'm on a key meter I haven't lost my keys I've got them.

Heratnumber7 Thu 18-May-17 16:56:39

Do what Piles said

Pilesofironing Thu 18-May-17 17:14:17

Sorry, I assumed that a card was part of the problem. You still need to contact the supplier. They can top up the meter remotely and arrange suitable repayments. Get on to them now though. They may close soon.

user1495121750 Thu 18-May-17 17:19:31

I've rang them, thay will not top the meter up I'm with Egas it's quite a new company believe me I've tryed.

BadgersBum Mon 22-May-17 10:30:09

Is there no emergency credit you can get by just putting your key into the meter? I'm with nPower and had to do this recently when I'd forgotten to top up and the meter was beeping at me while I had a hair dye on! It credited my meter with £7 and took it back off as soon as I stuck some credit on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now