Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

I'd like to start a blog

(9 Posts)
FrazzleRock Thu 09-Mar-17 11:14:27

But I've no idea where to start. I have a theme, but which website should I use and do I just start writing or what?
How do you get people to read it?

I literally have no idea!

Chocolateteabag Fri 10-Mar-17 11:51:30

I started mine this morning!

I've gone with a .co.uk domain which I bought from 123reg (but lots of other places to get them) and then used Wordpress.com (the free one) to host - but I'm paying for the £30 a year rather than the free option.

olderthanyouthink Sat 11-Mar-17 08:49:59

by theme do you mean topic to write about or do you me a website theme as in how its going to look?

FrazzleRock Wed 15-Mar-17 12:08:20

Hey, sorry. I went away and managed to work it all out. Thank you chocolate for the wordpress recommendation.
I started my blog on Friday and already have over 2000 views and a feature on Selfish Mother so I'm really pleased smile

Am I allowed to share it on MN? (it is miscarriage/babyloss related)

Chocolateteabag Fri 17-Mar-17 17:24:11

Go via the Bloggers network

FairytalesAreBullshit Sat 18-Mar-17 13:18:01

Really want to follow this, as it's something I've really wanted to do. If only as an online diary. I know some people make loads from it, but I doubt I could make a £ without investing in promotions, or annoying people to death posting look at my blog.

Those that do well with it, did you start it as a business idea or with intent to make money, or was it just something you dabbled with?

There's obviously lots of books, are they necessary?

2014newme Mon 10-Apr-17 15:35:51

I have started one it's going really well. I recommend you read blogging for dummies and WordPress for dummies.
It also is much more time consuming than I thought it would be.

Mammatojack17 Sat 29-Apr-17 23:13:42

How do you get more veiws on your blog? I have one but i didnt get many veiwers so cant help but feel im doing something wrong xxx

user1494367489 Tue 09-May-17 23:45:29

Hi I want to start a blog about single working mums show the reality lol don't know where to start or if anyone would actually be interested:/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now