Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Could I Be Pregnant With Copper Coil?

(4 Posts)
emcam84 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:35:35

Hi,

Hoping to get some advice. I have a had the copper coil in for 6months. Periods have been regular, last 15th Dec. I am now approx 10days late.I have been having cramps/aching like my period is about to start for over a week.

Taken 2 HPT - both negative.

No other noticeable reasons to delay period - not stressed, diet ok, no big changes in exercise etc.

Could I be pregnant?

Has anyone else experienced this?

confused
TIA xx

mistermagpie Thu 26-Jan-17 12:53:49

Short answer is yes. I know somebody who is currently pregnant having conceived on the copper coil. Her GP told her is was a one in 500 chance of that happening but it did.

She got positive tests though, so not sure what is going on in your case.

emcam84 Thu 26-Jan-17 13:09:53

Thanks mistermagpie. I am going to wait until after the weekend (if I can) and if still no sign call GP.

Only ever been this late before when pregnant.

Thanks again x

MommieMommyMom Sat 11-Feb-17 10:38:30

I have a beautiful 8 month old baby girl that I conceived whilst I had the copper coil in place.
I went to EPAU expecting to be a few weeks pregnant (after the massive shock of being pregnant at all) and discovered I was actually 22 weeks pregnant.
Full term, healthy, perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now