Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Fed up with early pregnancy - will nausea, tiredness & misery ever end?

(4 Posts)
Angelbaby24 Thu 03-Nov-16 11:46:52

Hi,
I am expecting my first baby and wk 15 tomorrow. We have had a very rough journey to get here - trying for 4 years and IVF. Also it was twins then sadly lost one at about wk 9 and at same time the other had some problems too. Then.....ohhhhh......the nausea, dizziness, no energy, tiredness, wretching, being so miserable that i am surprised my husband still comes home after work! He has been amazing but he has a very stressful job, his Dad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and then there is me looking awful, complaining, not doing anything to help round the house.
I feel so very guilty on top of the physical issues and actually quite lonely. My world suddenly feels so very small as i am not going out the house, don't see friends as i put them off and i work from home.
I just want to feel happy and myself again - not sure where she is right now - god how ungreatful do i sound when i know how hard it is for women having fertility treatment and failing.
So i have resulted to talking on here and hopefully not feel so down.

Sunshineeyes Thu 10-Nov-16 00:17:07

Hi angel. I just wanted to reply to you. You certainly have had it tough and I don't blame you one bit for feeling the way you do.
Try and apply a bit of logic(hard when you are raging with pg hormones) to the situation and allow yourself and acknowledge that you have a right to feel the way you do.
What advice would you give a friend if they were in your position- you would say be kind to yourself- take some of that advice.
I hope things start to improve but keep coming on here and chatting if it helps.

kilmuir Thu 10-Nov-16 00:26:22

Does get better.

Solange1973 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:12:29

Hi Angel
Please don't despair! It will end. I had extreme tiredness and sickness with my first pregnancy. I literally spent 20 weeks lying down as I was sick and fainted every time I stood up! I ended up only drinking milkshakes to keep me alive. By the time I reached 20 weeks I had lost 5 kilos and looked like death rewarmed! But IT ALL GOT BETTER. Little by little I noticed the sickness wasn't so bad and it finally went away. It was like a second lease of life. Just tell yourself it will be worth it in the end. My second and third pregnancies were nothing like it. Like you I lost a twin buy my daughter was born healthy. One day you will look back and feel really proud that you did it. I am here if you need to talk. All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now