Talk

Advanced search

Fed up with early pregnancy - will nausea, tiredness & misery ever end?

(4 Posts)
Angelbaby24 Thu 03-Nov-16 11:46:52

Hi,
I am expecting my first baby and wk 15 tomorrow. We have had a very rough journey to get here - trying for 4 years and IVF. Also it was twins then sadly lost one at about wk 9 and at same time the other had some problems too. Then.....ohhhhh......the nausea, dizziness, no energy, tiredness, wretching, being so miserable that i am surprised my husband still comes home after work! He has been amazing but he has a very stressful job, his Dad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and then there is me looking awful, complaining, not doing anything to help round the house.
I feel so very guilty on top of the physical issues and actually quite lonely. My world suddenly feels so very small as i am not going out the house, don't see friends as i put them off and i work from home.
I just want to feel happy and myself again - not sure where she is right now - god how ungreatful do i sound when i know how hard it is for women having fertility treatment and failing.
So i have resulted to talking on here and hopefully not feel so down.

OP’s posts: |
Sunshineeyes Thu 10-Nov-16 00:17:07

Hi angel. I just wanted to reply to you. You certainly have had it tough and I don't blame you one bit for feeling the way you do.
Try and apply a bit of logic(hard when you are raging with pg hormones) to the situation and allow yourself and acknowledge that you have a right to feel the way you do.
What advice would you give a friend if they were in your position- you would say be kind to yourself- take some of that advice.
I hope things start to improve but keep coming on here and chatting if it helps.

kilmuir Thu 10-Nov-16 00:26:22

Does get better.

Solange1973 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:12:29

Hi Angel
Please don't despair! It will end. I had extreme tiredness and sickness with my first pregnancy. I literally spent 20 weeks lying down as I was sick and fainted every time I stood up! I ended up only drinking milkshakes to keep me alive. By the time I reached 20 weeks I had lost 5 kilos and looked like death rewarmed! But IT ALL GOT BETTER. Little by little I noticed the sickness wasn't so bad and it finally went away. It was like a second lease of life. Just tell yourself it will be worth it in the end. My second and third pregnancies were nothing like it. Like you I lost a twin buy my daughter was born healthy. One day you will look back and feel really proud that you did it. I am here if you need to talk. All the best.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in