Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Should I tell my ex's family about my pregnancy ?

(5 Posts)
user1475960680 Sat 08-Oct-16 22:07:31

Okay, so I my boyfriend of 2 and a half broke up with me recently. At the time, we had been trying for a baby, because we had both made the decision we were ready, we were living together and in good jobs. Of course, after we broke up I found out I was pregnant, went to him with the news ans he told me he wanted nothing to do with the baby. He has not been interested, and I am now 5 months pregnant. During the breakup, which was quite messy, he told me he had never told his family about us, I just simply assumed he had (they don't live in the same country as us). So now I have a dilemma, he wants nothing to do with his child, his family know nothing about this child coming into the world and I would really like my child to know the other side of their family. Should I get in contact with his sister and inform her of my pregnancy so she can inform the rest of the family ? I just don't want my baby to be secret from their family.

fluffymummykins Sun 09-Oct-16 20:41:48

I guess that's your choice, but personally I wouldn't.

MulberryBush12 Sun 09-Oct-16 20:53:15

I'd wait until the baby is born flowers

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 09-Oct-16 20:59:06

If you feel they will be supportive and you are prepared to prob travel to have them involved in the baby's life then tell them. If you would prefer a no hassle, stress free life then keep quiet!

Ilikegin Sun 09-Oct-16 21:03:25

What a difficult situation for you OP! I think they have a right to know, but brace yourself for them not wanting to take an interest in your baby. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now