Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

What to do about child with delayed development?? (Not my child)

(2 Posts)
ptsleslie Tue 27-Sep-16 21:01:00

Someone close to me has a DD who is 2. She is very delayed, always has been - didn't start walking until 21 months. She doesn't eat food, just has milk from a baby bottle and sometimes yoghurts and bananas. She doesn't play, talk or do anything. She sits in front of the tv with a bottle rocking back and forth. I've tried gently bringing this up with the mum but she won't listen at all. She does nothing to encourage or enhance development, I do believe she's delayed because she was understimulated as a baby. Even at 4 months she was strapped in a bouncer in front of the tv with a bottle propped in her mouth. What can I do? Can I tell someone? And be anonymous! Please help I don't want to upset the mum but I'm worried about that poor baby!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 28-Sep-16 19:49:37

I'd call social services. I'd be surprised that nothing has come up in the health visitor checks so far but I'd keep quiet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now