Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Best Blogging site

(5 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 08-Apr-16 21:52:20

I am interested in blogging and have been trying to find out more, most importantly best site to join. MN promote two word press and Blogger. Any thoughts?

ChammyIRL Sat 09-Apr-16 10:07:33

It depends on what and why you want to blog really.

I think Blogger is a great free platform, it's easy to use and quite flexible in regards to design but if you wish to monetise and take it seriously then I recommend hosting your own - Blogger can and do remove content or close sites because they want to (I've had it happen to friends).

I personally host and use a Wordpress plug in, I have a lot more freedom that way.

I did a post about it here: www.chammyirl.co.uk/money-makingsaving/starting-a-blog/

Hope that helps.

zanuda Wed 04-May-16 17:08:39

From the popular ones - blogger (blogspot), wordpress.com , Live Journal.

mirright Sat 28-May-16 15:01:43

I created my own blog using a ready made and easily customizable WordPress template ( www.templatemonster.com/blog-wordpress-themes/ ). I like the way it looks and functions. I write about walks I've done, and include some cute photos. My blog has become quite popular now!

ZariinKa25 Fri 10-Jun-16 20:11:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now