Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

A Hello!

(2 Posts)
Phnut Fri 06-Nov-15 14:45:26

Hi Mumsnet

My name is Dan. I've been staring at Mumsnet for a bit, and I'm finally diving in and seeing what happens.

I am a Dad living in the UK. I have a fantastic, gorgeous, and hugely sensible and practical wife. I also have a six-year-old daughter who doesn't stop making noises of one sort or another. "I was born loud, I'm gonna stay loud, and I'm going to die loud", is her current motto.

I've been doing the Stay-At-Home-Dad bit after 12 years in teaching, and it has been brilliant, but I've had to find a job to help support the family. My wife works in teaching, and my daughter attends the nearby and supportive primary school.

I've started a blog, and I'm very new to this whole parent-blogger world, and in many ways it has been incredibly liberating. It has also been a little intimidating, and quite scary, so I'm somewhat wary. I've got things very wrong already, so if I have blundered, I will of course take any criticism with the spirit in which it is intended.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works.

Come visit my blog here!:

daddyburnsthesalad.wordpress.com/

I'm also on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/DaddyBurnstheSalad/

See you around!

shoeboxofm Tue 24-Nov-15 17:16:51

Love the blog name and really enjoyed the daddy -daughter day post. I've been mainly reading (and writing) miserable blogs so it's refreshing to read a genuinely funny one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now