Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Has anyone moved to new town when 32 weeks pregnant?

(5 Posts)
Newmumlondon123 Wed 28-Oct-15 13:55:18

Hi

I was wondering whether any of you had moved to a totally new town with a newborn and could offer any advice at all?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and my partner and I are thinking about moving to Hastings from London before the baby is born as we want a nice place with space and all we can afford in London is a one bed.

We are both freelance and rent and need to have access to London as both of our work is predominantly based in London. We've lived in London for over 10 years and have a great network of solid friends although with the prospect of my work hours decreasing our income will drop significantly so I fear we won't be able to enjoy life in London and it will become a struggle.

We both want a calmer, nicer life and love Hastings so were thinking of renting there and commuting to London when we need to work. I do have a couple of friends who live there but not a lot and fear that I may feel isolated, especially with a new born.

Our families are both based up North so we are limited with family support in the South but need to stay South for work.

If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated. I suppose the main factor is will I feel too lonely and struggle in a new town with a new baby?

Many thanks x

CatThiefKeith Wed 28-Oct-15 16:25:43

I did! I moved to a village about 30 minutes from my parents and 25mins from mil.

I felt vaguely isolated for the first 3 months or so, but I went to every baby/todder group in the local area, before taking over the running of one that was closing down (Lady running it wanted to give it up) and I can honestly say I have never looked back.

I absolutely love where I live, have made a good group of friends and dd(4) is thriving.

SweetAdeline Wed 28-Oct-15 16:30:02

I did at about 29 weeks pregnant with myself. Ice moved about quite a lot and that was definitely my easiest move socially. I did NCT classes, NHS classes, pregnancy yoga etc. Once the baby was born I went to every mother and baby group I could find. Made loads of new friends, and that area still feels like home even though we were only there two years in the end. Subsequent moves with slightly older dc have been a lot harder as it feels more like breaking into established friendship groups. With one newborn or expecting it's easy to meet other people also looking for friends.

SweetAdeline Wed 28-Oct-15 16:30:51

Sorry that's barely legible with typos, hope you get the drift!

Newmumlondon123 Wed 28-Oct-15 16:58:26

Ah, thanks! It's really comforting to hear that. My head's in a bit of a mess at the moment so good to hear your experiences.

Thanks so much for sharing x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: