Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

writing a book and finding a publisher

(3 Posts)
hairbrushbedhair Wed 07-Oct-15 01:15:06

Where do I begin with this?

I am writing a biographical account of mental illness in pregnancy and parenthood

That's it really. I've draft written it but don't know how I go about getting it into the hands of any publishers...

Thanks in advance

sallyjenkins Thu 29-Oct-15 15:42:58

Get hold of the Writers' & Artists' Yearbook. That lists agents & publishers - have a look to see which publish your type of book.
Or think about self-publishing through Kindle/Createspace - lots of resources on the internet about this.

zanuda Fri 30-Oct-15 16:35:56

Start with self-promoting. Make FB page, twitter and other sotial media you like just for your writing. Make short articles there. Get as many followers as you could. Even if you will not wont to go on self-publishing path, having a lot of followers helps when you talk with publishers.

BTW, as a part of self promoting you could make short versions or something around your final book and publish it through Kindle/Createspace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now