Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

My interiors blog

(15 Posts)
katielewis Wed 17-Jun-15 21:25:26

Hi all,
I would love for you to take a look at my blog I started a couple of months ago, I really would love to hear your thoughts and advice on how or if it needs to be improved. Check out ellmoointeriors.com

mummy1112 Thu 25-Jun-15 15:41:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pootles2010 Thu 25-Jun-15 15:50:18

I'm not sure if it's appearing properly, but to me it looks a bit all over the place?

So to me, the different sub headings appear over the top of your Chanel quote. I'm on Chrome if that makes a difference.

Also I can't see anything about you personally - I always think that's nice, when people put in a little blurb about their background.

Other than that, it looks really good!

SoupDragon Thu 25-Jun-15 15:54:13

Pootles2010 Thu 25-Jun-15 16:03:06

Seems a bit unfair Soup - surely this is for bloggers to discuss their blogs?

SoupDragon Thu 25-Jun-15 16:04:08

Mummy1112 is promoting her e-commerce site. Multiple times.

SoupDragon Thu 25-Jun-15 16:05:40

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Pootles2010 Thu 25-Jun-15 16:07:01

Oh ok, didn't realise that Soup blush. I like your spam man though.

mummy1112 Thu 25-Jun-15 16:40:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

katielewis Thu 25-Jun-15 17:53:32

Hi, my blog is working properly now pootles2010 not sure what was going on. I like the idea of the bit about me. I'll do that. Thanks for the advice x

katielewis Thu 25-Jun-15 18:01:27

I would love to hear more feedback regarding my blog. Many thanks for your support

Pootles2010 Fri 26-Jun-15 12:29:26

Oh yes thats much better! Looks great.

katielewis Fri 26-Jun-15 13:07:48

Thank you pootles2010. I also incorporated a blurb too. Hope you like it x thanks again for your feedback

Gusthetheatrecat Wed 01-Jul-15 09:47:14

Hello Katie,
I have just had a quick nosey at your blog as I do love an interiors blog.
I am afraid it's not really for me. I hope you don't mind my saying.
I think most of your content is stuff I would expect to see on Pinterest, and would probably scroll past quickly, or just repin if I was interested. (I am also a bit worried on your behalf that you may not have permission to use all those images? There are some frightening stories of people being billed for using images that weren't their own) On a blog I am normally looking for something a bit more involved, or personal. The odd 'quick tip' is ok, but only alongside more involved content that makes it worth my while to click on.
This all sounds a bit harsh. Sorry - am happy to discuss if you'd like. Or obviously feel free to ignore me. The thing about blogging is, of course, you can do whatever you like, and there is no need to take any heed of internet randoms ;)

katielewis Wed 01-Jul-15 12:36:59

Hi,

Many thanks for your response gusthetheatrecat, I do really appreciate any kind of feedback. I will completely take on board what you have said.

Kind regards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now