Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks post op..

(3 Posts)
genelou Fri 10-Apr-15 02:48:52

Hi everyone! I hope somebody can give an answer if it is already safe to go back to running and jumping. I had exploratory laparotomy (Abdominal surgery) 10 weeks ago and I wanna go back to playing badminton and volleyball... I just wanna make sure at 10 week post op is safe for jumping and running since these are necessary for my sports.. smile thanks!

f1fan2001 Fri 10-Apr-15 03:13:47

Have you been for a post op check and did you ask your doctor when you could return to exercising?

Looks like it may be too soon based on this :-

www.qegateshead.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/users/user1/leaflets/IL337%20Discharge%20advice%20following%20laparotomy.pdf

Although this one says it is fine:-

www.derbyhospitals.nhs.uk/easysiteweb/getresource.axd?assetid=2962

I would check with your doctor

genelou Fri 10-Apr-15 04:16:36

I am done with my 6 weeks follow up check up and my doctor said I have recovered fully, she did not mention any specific instruction on what not to do and what I should do.. I asked her if I could still have the chance to go back to competitive sports and she said yes but then she wasn't able to give
specific time as to when I can go back playing. anyway, thank you for sending me the link. I still have to read it. Stay well. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »