Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Teaching y6 help!

(2 Posts)
coleman24 Tue 27-Jan-15 12:40:33

Hi, I am about to return to school after having 4 months off on maternity and am going into y6 for rest of the year. Since I left the structure has altered and all the year 6's have been pooled together with 11 year 5's into a super class of 50 pupils! There will be myself and the deputy teaching in the same classroom but with separate groups; of which I'll have the larger of 32. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and or any tips for managing the class. They are a noisy group and I'm worried about the constant distractions of two groups in one class. Also any tips or ideas to maintain their attention and keep learning enjoyable?
Must add that the school are supportive just nervous as only done y6 on placement. Would really appreciate your feedback x

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Sat 31-Jan-15 05:54:36

Hi,

Try posting in The Staffroom as that is specifically for teachers and you will get the support you need.. This board is for bloggers to chat about their blogs.

Click Here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: