Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

First experience of Breast Screening - Interesting.

(5 Posts)
Izzy101 Wed 07-Jan-15 23:18:20

I had a letter from my GP surgery to attend my first Breast Screening event - being held in Sainsbury's Car Park! I hoped there would be a caravan there...

42bunnytails Wed 07-Jan-15 23:28:02

I'm only 47 (earlier screening trial) so the appointment letter was totally out of the blue and for the day after my birthday!

Morrison's car park, only me there. I know why last angle fucking hurt. Nurse didn't seem to be looking at my face at all or she didn't care.

Give me a cervical smear appointment any day, mammograms suck.

DustBunnyFarmer Wed 07-Jan-15 23:30:59

If you are pre-menstrual, the point you are at in your cycle can affect pain levels bunnytails - worth looking into if relevant, as you may be able to tweak future appointments to a more favourable date.

42bunnytails Wed 07-Jan-15 23:42:24

Unfortunately I take the mini pill and haven't had a period since they stopped making femulen and stuck me on Cerelle.

Also the screening unit was 23 miles away, if I'm awkward about appointments it will probably be next year or Birmingham. Rural medicine is somewhat trying.

Izzy101 Mon 12-Jan-15 22:35:55

The girls appear to have recovered now although I am not sure they have really forgiven me yet. It isn't natural to have them flattened in that most undignified manner. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now