Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Butter

(2 Posts)
rhardwick Thu 06-Nov-14 13:28:40

Hi, I am just wondering if anybody has any advice on which butter product is best for my child, she's 4 years old. Should I have concerns with giving her butter, health wise.

coatless Wed 12-Nov-14 21:43:53

I prefer unsalted butter for spreading on bread but I use salted in baking. I think the salt helps bring out other flavours. A lot of old recipes (I have a book published in 1900) sayto add a pinch of salt. You don't have to if you use salted butter.

I've tried a few brands. Generally go for the cheapest (you're limited with unsalted in some shops!). I have found that they vary as to softness at room temperature but that's the only real difference I've noticed.

I don't think you need to have any health worries about butter. The anti-animal-fat brigade is diminishing daily. Butter's gotta be better than other spreads imo. Why? Simply because it tastes betters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now