Pregnant and Living with cocaine in-laws. Please help :(

(9 Posts)
munchkin92 Tue 04-Nov-14 11:16:54

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and live with my partner and his family. His mum and dad are cocaine addicts. Every weekend they are on it. They argue and are up till all hours of the morning. His 18 year old sister smokes weed, in the garden, the smell reaches my bedroom! I need to go out. Now. My boyfriend agrees. We are saving for a deposit but it's not looking good. I want to be out by the time baby is here, preferably before, so I can nest and settle and know my baby is in a safe environment. What are my options? I didn't want to go to the council but it's looking like my only option at the mo. If I say there are drugs in the house, is it confidential, and will me and my partner be able to stay together? We both work, I don't know if I'll receive much help. They also have a dog, he terrorises the postman and the post, I don't want the dog anywhere near my baby! The house is dirty, the cats eat and walk all over the kitchen sides!!! Wet, damp towels all over the landing, weed grinders, dog hairs, old food on the kitchen floor! I need to get out and I need help. I don't know where to start. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you x

OP’s posts: |
HappyAgainOneDay Tue 04-Nov-14 12:46:18

The Council. It doesn't matter whether or not anyone else knows about the habits displayed in the premises where you live.

WiggleGinger Thu 06-Nov-14 17:28:59

Did you call the council?
Do you have family you can stay with?
Keep us posted I hope you get out soon x

Tansie Sat 08-Nov-14 21:32:09

Should you, as a coherent, apparently (as I see it grin) intelligent individual, as observed by your post, maybe walk away from all this? Why do you 'need help'? Is there more that you haven't revealed? (obvs all OK!). Who would you like to help you? SS? Family? Us? (We're all actually OK with that! We're actually quite good if you're prepared to listen to MN advice!)

Many have, and so can you!

Are you 30+ ? Which I am guessing by your name? Time to take control of your, and your unborn baby's life. Walk away, get appropriate and proportionate help and re-establish yourself as a capable grown up, the one you know you can be.

It can all be 'OK'!

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 08-Nov-14 21:34:17

Move out then.
It's not compulsory to live with the inlaws.

PacificDogwood Sat 08-Nov-14 21:39:42

What is it you want/need help with?

Housing? Money? Deciding what to do?
Are your BF and you planning on living together? If so and both of you work, could you afford a private let?

If not, contact the Council asap.
Frankly, I'd have no qualms about stating that you need a safe place to stay because of drugs at the house (which IME can also mean drug dealers coming round, disputes about money, erratic behaviour, etc etc).

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 08-Nov-14 21:41:47

If you both work just find a flat to rent and go

PacificDogwood Sat 08-Nov-14 21:42:31

What does your partner say? Have you discussed your concerns with him?

thoughtsbecomethings Sat 08-Nov-14 21:43:05

I guess if u don't move out soon you could have SS involvement as it's an unsafe environment for your baby and yourselves. Go to council or contact shelter

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in