Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Primodos - hormone pregnancy test drug

(1 Post)
SarahOnions Fri 31-Oct-14 11:14:41

BBC Woman's Hour this morning ran a discussion on the effects of this drug, Primodos. It made me want to try and find out which drug for pre-menstrual tension my mother took while she was pregnant with my sister Louise. Louise was born without a thyroid gland and with brain damage in 1962 near Hedgend in Hampshire. When my mother Doris (who died this summer from Parkinson's Disease,) returned to the GP for information about the drug she told there was no information (like the mother in the Woman's Hour broadcast this morning who's daughter is also called Louise and who had birth defects after Primodos was taken https://twitter.com/BBCWomansHour).
Does anyone have any experience of researching private historical medical records in the UK? I would like to try and find out which drug my mother was given in 1961 1962 or even 1960.
Read my blog at dontbringlulu.co.uk/2014/10/31/pregnancy-test-drug-discussed-on-womans-hour/ for the story of my sister, Lulu. You can see here two pix of my sister with her father Ron Onions (ex-BBC and later editor of LBC) and one with my son Joe who is now 23.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now