Talk

Advanced search

Help! Daddy in hospital, my toddler so upset won't sleep, any advise?

(2 Posts)
Jessbags001 Tue 21-Oct-14 20:42:17

Can you get Daddy to talk on the phone before bed? Maybe say that he's off to bed as well and that they could fall asleep together and see each other in dream land? Sorry if that sounds really lame!

Or, along the same lines if you can't do a phonecall, perhaps you could throw together a really basic book folded paper book with some photos of daddy and your little boy stuck in. It could show him in the hospital going to sleep in his hospital bed at the same time as your son, then meeting up while they dream to have cuddles/stories/whatever they like to do together until he's back home.

Hmm, definitely sounding odd now I've read it back but it's the sort of thing that think would appeal to my little to so I'm going to hit 'post message' anyway! Hope it helps!

Tinymummy1 Tue 21-Oct-14 20:02:33

Daddy has gone into hospital, it's been 5 days now. My 3.9 year old son doesn't understand why daddy isn't around, and he won't go to sleep, it's been 3 nights now, he screams like I've never heard before. My daughter is 2 years old, so isn't really aware. Any advice how to get him to sleep?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »