Talk

Advanced search

HELP PLEASE! Community Nurse Band 5 interview in two weeks!

(2 Posts)
Sahra87 Mon 20-Oct-14 22:24:33

I could seriously use some help. I am a qualified nurse band 5, i've worked in a care home for the past 2years and have started applying for community nurse roles, as i feel i need a more challenging role and further develop my skills as a nurse.

So today i had my first interview for a community nurse role. In the beginning of the interview i was extremely nerves and didn't answer the questions properly sad but as the questions kept coming i relaxed more and answered perfectly. Long story short i didn't get the job sad but got a positive feed back from the manager. She told me where i went wrong as i already figured and she advised me to practice more interview questions, community nurse related and to also apply again.

I have another interview in two weeks and want this role more then ever. So any help would be sooo appreciated.

One question i was asked was: what challenges do i think i might face when coming to work?

What other community nurse related questions should i expect?

Many thanks xxxxx

Idefix Fri 24-Oct-14 21:42:08

Need to think about clients, some will demand more input look at what local services offer support lunch clubs for socially isolated elderly people. Issue of conflict - are you working in urban or rural setting. Domestic abuse, non accidental injuries in under fives - what would you do - eg notify health visitor. How will you resolve conflict in the work place always seems to come up!? Hope some of this helps.
Good luck with the next interview! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: