Talk

Advanced search

Franchise advice

(7 Posts)
Caraspence1 Thu 25-Sep-14 15:33:32

Hi

Just some advice please. I am hoping to move and want a new career to go with it. I have looked in to a Franchise and just wanted to run some things by some people as I am a bit wary as no one in the company will talk to me regarding running costs and outlay etc. This is a red flag right away, but wondered if anyone else had this issue when looking at franchises. The franchise fees also appear to be very high, but I am reassured that this is within the scope of what income you will make, and been told it is what everyone in franchise pays, the quarterly fees are £750, does this seem appropriate? Any advice on fellow franchise people and good / bad / indifferent experiences would be greatly appreciated before I make up my mind. Many thanks. Cara Sxx

zanuda Fri 26-Sep-14 18:33:56

As you mention, it's not a good sign that nobody want to tell you "inside" info. Another thing, most of the businesses like that a done through the network of friends who know somebody who know somebody who might be potential customer. Because you're moving to a new area you would not have that kind of "support" (or business bust, don't know how to call it better). I would think twice and, personally, would not go for it. Not until I know new area and people and see what trends are there.

WannaBe Fri 26-Sep-14 18:36:33

what kind of franchise is it?

If it's a make-your-own-greeting cards business which as yet has no knowledge in your area and you don't know anyone to sell to then getting involved is a bad idea. But if it's a local branch of Kosta Coffee then you're assured of making money from the outset....

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Fri 26-Sep-14 18:40:10

Google another branch of the franchise and talk to them.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Fri 26-Sep-14 18:42:39

Have pm'd you, ciara.

Caraspence1 Fri 26-Sep-14 19:34:14

Thanks, Ive replied to your pm, thanks.
Its a large Baby company who run classes in all the UK, there set up fees and quarter fees are really high compared to others, but a well known brand, just wanted to chat to someone to see if it was the same all over the UK for their fees and what I can expect, just seems a but dodgy no one will talk to me.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Fri 26-Sep-14 21:19:20

Sorry - just seen this, I'll reply.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: