Talk

Advanced search

25, made redundant, desperately trying to not fall into a depression.

(3 Posts)
1989hopeful Mon 15-Sep-14 14:18:56

Thought id make a quick thread as i love to read stories and other women speaking out, helps me a lot. Anyway I've recently been made redundant with a weeks notice and i am left totally screwed. I signed on immidetly but i can not receive JS for various reasons. I will probably not be able to receive housing benefit etc, as i live with my partner, but he can not afford everything. Im completely skint. Seems unfair there are many benefit frauds etc, and i am in genuine need of help and looking all day every day for work. I try to keep myself busy everyday but its quite lonely and very isolating. my friends, family and partner all work. I feel ashamed to say I've been made redundant also. I try so hard to keep positive but sometimes its hard. Would be nice to know of anyone else in the same position or similar?

Baffers100 Tue 16-Sep-14 12:03:26

Have you spoken to your doctors? They should be able to provide you with the contact details of a local counsellors who will be able to help you and make you fele more positive about your situation. I believe Talking Therapies are highly regarded, so if you're not already talking to anybody then give them a go. There's absolutely no need to feel ashamed about being made redundant either hun. You're just going through a bad patch, it will get better.

1989hopeful Wed 17-Sep-14 13:38:48

Thank you, smile I'm feeling ok at the moment, as long as I keep getting interviews and keep myself busy and KEEP thinking positive, i shall be okay. I tend to have a negative attitude sometimes and wollow in self pity which brings me down, so so down. I will not do that this time!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: