Talk

Advanced search

8 week old and finding it tough

(2 Posts)
treaclefeet Wed 14-May-14 01:08:49

My son was hungry all the time and constantly had colic (btw unless you're breastfeeding go with cow & gate; I did when I had my daughter and it sorted the colic straightaway, wish I'd known the first time round!) so I know what it's like.
The lack of sleep is the worst, everyone says it but sleep when you can! Even it's the middle of the day and your house is a tip, sleep wins. Also eat, I found myself miserable sometimes and realised I hadn't eaten all day.
Being a mum is the hardest (and worst paid!) job in the world but everything is easier once they sleep through, you will feel human again, just hang on!
Also remember; you're doing a bloody good job! You're the best mum your baby will ever have and he/she thinks you're perfect.
Hope you get some sleep tonight smile

mummytobe14 Tue 13-May-14 23:21:03

so how do people do it...motherhood is so tough...mine is 8 weeks old and all the books etc have gone out the window...don't know what day it is half the time...does it actually ever get easier? or not til they are 3 years old at least? help needed...lack of sleep, colic...tired and irritable...it is hard work

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »