Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Family allowance

(2 Posts)
Eviesdaddy01 Sun 09-Feb-14 12:53:22

Can anyone help? My partner walked out in January this year leaving me with our 19month old girl. My ex collects family allowance £80apprx? And keeps the entire amount. I provide for my daughter and have her 10 days out of 14. Can I get this family allowance split or changed?

Funnyfoot Sun 09-Feb-14 18:44:36

You need to contact them and tell them that your daughter lives with you and only visits her father twice per week. Family allowance is paid to the primary carer of a child and that is you. It is usually paid direct in to a bank account or post office account so they will stop it immediately and you will have to start a new claim.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: