Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to install plugins, Skimlinks and Adsense

(3 Posts)
MissBattleaxe Sat 25-Jan-14 21:20:37

Hello all,

I have just upgraded my Wordpress blog to Premium and cannot figure out how to install skimlinks. Do I need to go Wordpress.org before I can do this? I have followed the skimlinks guide to the letter and the sections I need to find are not there, despite paying $99 to Go Premium.

I can't find plugins and I can't find the wp-footer bit I need. Can anyone help? It is driving me mad.

fcknits Sat 25-Jan-14 22:37:13

WordPress.org is for self-hosted sites.

You cannot normally install plugins on the WordPress.com hosted sites. I believe that if you upgrade to 'Enterprise', rather than 'Premium', you should be able to get plugin access. It's not exactly cheap though...

Tbh, for 99 dollars, I'd have gone for a cheap web hosting package, elsewhere, and self-hosted.

Differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org:-

1. en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

2. www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/self-hosted-wordpress-org-vs-free-wordpress-com-infograph/

MissBattleaxe Sat 25-Jan-14 23:04:09

Thanks fcknits. I appreciate that. I might cancel my upgrade (still within 48 hour limit) and shop around.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »