Talk

Advanced search

forgive and forget

(3 Posts)
linzicam1985 Fri 13-Dec-13 10:27:15

I am sitting here listening to my son's cartoons and they are singing about how its always good to forgive and forget now I totally get people make mistakes, but do we really want our kids to always forgive and forget everything. I not so long ago stopped talking to a friend because I am all for second chance "forgive and forget" but there is only so many chance you can give people till you become a walk over. My point is as mums how would you teach your kids where to draw the line about second chances etc xxx

fcknits Fri 13-Dec-13 12:34:00

The forgive and forget thing is more about trying to forget what you can't forgive, for your own sanity and peace of mind. It shouldn't really be pushed towards young kids, who see things more in black and white.

What you should teach (instead of 'forgive and forget') is: 'actions speak louder than words.' If people are really sorry, then you forgive them. If they're not... well, you forget the people but not the incident. ;)

linzicam1985 Fri 13-Dec-13 17:19:49

yep I agree fcknit just got me thinking earlier the way the song came across was that it was trying 2 get the point across 2 kids its gd 2 forgive and forget EVERYTHING xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »