Talk

Advanced search

want a gas cooker but have no gas supply ......

(7 Posts)
rushaarya Tue 10-Dec-13 10:22:13

if any suggestion please help ....

MillyMollyMama Wed 11-Dec-13 01:26:25

Some people install calor gas. Personally I have an electric induction hob and electric ovens. My hob is one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever bought. Just as responsive as gas but not good for a wok type of pan!

fcknits Thu 12-Dec-13 23:33:00

^As MillyMollyMama said, there's the option of bottled gas. It runs all appliances the same way as standard piped gas.

The alternative is running pipes from your nearest gas supply to wherever you need them. It's not cheap. If your street/village is off-grid, then you may also need special permission in addition to the stupendous costs.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Thu 12-Dec-13 23:56:57

Yep we have a gas hob and it's against the outside wall, outside of which are two huge calor gas bottles. I don't know how you go about getting them fitted as they were here when we moved in. I assume a hole is drilled through the wall and you just put a pipe through. I guess a gas fitter would have to do it? We might change one bottle every year and round here cost around sixty quid? I think they're about 47 litres. Not sure.

KateDavis Wed 18-Dec-13 14:09:21

I think it is about £9000 to get connected to the grid if it is near your property. We've started looking into it, but our oil boiler is only a couple of years old so we've decided not to do it yet. We also have an electric induction hobs and electric oven.

rushaarya Wed 18-Dec-13 14:50:56

thanks everyone for the response...... after so many response and from practical experience of having a huge quotaion n loooonng time period involved in gas connection i have now decided to go with electric hob as this is the cheapest and easiest method available to us.

thanks everyone....

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 18-Dec-13 16:07:06

Once again Mumsnet has the answers. fgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »