how to stop dating a cocaine user

(6 Posts)
caligirl03 Sun 08-Dec-13 07:58:22

Hello i started dating this guy about 3 months ago and for some reason i really like him i haven't really dated anyone in two years but this guy some how i do like the problem is when i first met him i had no idea he did drugs i asked him if he would drink or smoke and he said he didn't use anything after one month of dating him he comes clean on using cocaine occasionally but i feel like he uses it more than that maybe like everyday just because lately i feel like hes losing interest i confronted him about our relationship feeling off but he says that he does like me but yet sometimes he cancels plans just to go out and use it i suppose i feel dumb and i want to stop talking to him because i do know hes not good but im naive he got me good sad any advice were both on our late 20s

thank you

OP’s posts: |
Misfitless Sun 08-Dec-13 08:13:44

You stop dating a cocaine user the same way you stop dating anyone. Just tell him you're finishing it and that you don't want to see him again. I wouldn't even mention the drugs, as if you do you're likely to get stuck in a loop of him saying he'll stop, but then actually just pretending to have stopped while carrying on using.

I have experience of being in this position, believe me, regular cocaine use fucks people up big time, you're putting yourself in the firing line for years of agro if you proceed with this relationship.

scaevola Sun 08-Dec-13 08:20:58

It's a brand new relationship, you know it's not working out for you - it leaves you feeling bad.

Just end it. You don't have to give a blow by blow account of reasons when it's such been so short: try something simple like "This isn't working for me"

XmasLogAndHollyOn Sun 08-Dec-13 08:24:18

The relationship isn't working for you. Call it a day.

If you can't do that, ask yourself why on earth you'd want to be with someone who is unreliable. Then call it a day.

birdybear Sun 08-Dec-13 08:29:04

Just say goodbye. And then learn how to use full stops and paragraphs...it Will make your posts easier to read and you Will get more replies.

caligirl03 Sun 08-Dec-13 08:32:47

Thank You all, i just haven't liked anyone in a while but yes your all right this isn't a good start. He is a very nice guy but his use for drugs im sure wont stop.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in