Talk

Advanced search

Best (little) laptop for blogging?

(4 Posts)
AnnieWinehouse Mon 02-Dec-13 22:57:04

I need/want a new laptop for my freelance work.
It needs to be quite small and portable (10 inch I think). (to use on the train!)

I like the Macbook Air but I would prefer Windows for compatability to my PC and smartphone.

I would like it to have Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
I would use it for blogging, personal and professional, so a proper keyboard, although small is good...

and it would obviously need wi-fi, etc.

I might sound like I know what I'm talking about but I really don't! I would really appreciate any recommendations please!

Thanking you in advance...

KateDavis Sat 07-Dec-13 08:55:27

I don't have any laptop recommendations for you, but the sites I start looking for ideas for technology purchases are dabs and watford electronic (think it is now called savastore). You can filter the available laptops by different features such as size, operating system, memory to narrow it down to the ones relevant.

Laptops direct may also be a good site to have a look. They tend to have a smaller range, but do some good value seconds or refurbished laptops. I got my current laptop from them.

SquidgyMummy Sat 07-Dec-13 08:58:43

I have a Samsung netbook - it is superb!
There is no CD drive but you can add and external one if necessary.
full sized keyboard.

www.amazon.co.uk/tag/samsung%20netbook/products

AnnieWinehouse Sat 07-Dec-13 23:14:57

Thank you both, I shall look into the websites KateDavis. I have been trawling around PC World and all of those shops.
Chromebooks seem to be the way to go (according to the Google bloke), but I am a fan of Samsungs, Squidgy, so I will further investigate.
Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »